Delivering on promises? Or just a smokescreen?

We sit 10th in the table after 5 games and have lost only 1 in all competitions so far this season.

With the August transfer deadline now passed, do you consider MM to have delivered on his promise to make the team more competitive this season?

I look at the business we have done over the summer and I believe that the squad is the strongest it has been since being back in the Championship, notably the additions of Tom Lees, Kieran Westwood, Sam Hutchinson,Dejan Kelhar, Stevie May and That French Defender - plus the loans of Hallam Hope and Royston Drenthe.

To me MM has delivered on what he said - he's made us competitive and is backing the manager with funds at the right time for us.

Few of us expected us to be in such a strong position by this stage but do you believe that this is cover being provided by the chairman for the inevitable pulling the plug on the takeover?

It's great to be a Wednesday fan at the moment - haven't felt this level of optimism in years and I believe that whatever happens with the takeover we have a very good chance (if it all clicks) of getting in and around the top 6.

What do you think?

MM said he'd provide a squad to compete at the top of the league.

We haven't got one.

We're an attacking midfielder and a top class striker away from being around a top 6 side on our day. As it is we'll be a mid table side, which to be fair isn't the worst position to be in.

I think MM has delivered. We look stronger at the back than we have in a very long time. I'm confident we don't need to score 2, 3 or 4 goals to win a game. We do have 1 or 2 goals in us. I think Stuart has the know how to build the creativity out of the players we have moving forward and can only see us improving on the field. It's not like we haven't been creating chances. Just not putting them away or just lacked a little bit on the final pass. I think once the new players gel and bed in we'll start to see more goals and comfortably beat alot of teams.

That being said, as a previous poster eludes to, we may need to be lucky with injuries and suspensions. I can see us finishing closer to the top 6 than top bottom. I'm not writing off the playoffs but there's a long way to go yet.

Guest conisbrough

Too early to make a decision on question you ask but some encoraging signs. To me our strength will be about organisation and team play rather than individuals. A creative player usually does come at loss of organisation effectiveness, a team has to have balance between defence and atack and if you play with 2 aacking full backs and 2 wingers you require 2 midfield players who can defend. The creative midfield players who can defend and also create are few and far between and cost a fortune.

We are certainly better organised and more prepared for league than we were last year. The Squad is stronger and I beieve we will improve as a team as season progresses.

Guest Blinking owl

I'm happy enough. ..nothing too drastic to rock the boat. ..couple of loans to have a look at. ..If they gel keep em ...If they don't deliver. ..get shot. ..better squad all round for me. ..even the lads from last season have upped there standards. ..so onwards and upwards for me. ..wawaw

Guest JonTheOwl66

From day one Mandaric very clearly set out his aim was to get us to the premier league.

Until he does that I can't say he's 'delivered'

I'm happy with the progress, but it's progress made in spite of lack of support for the manager. We are overachieving at the moment and I hope it continues. I'd like to sink that once the takeover is sorted one way or another, the manager will then be backed

Gray said he was still waiting on a central defender, winger, and striker. Then crash, bang, wallop, Dielna, Drenthe, and Hope arrive.

I'd say Milan learned a valuable lesson last season i.e. only quality players would get us anywhere near the top 6 places. He's given us a chance from the start of this season, not half way through.

I am glad I didn't go on a full rant, and as I said I would do, waited until the transfer window ended before passing judgement.

Well done Milan!

Although this now needs to end in promotion to be a total success please.

lol

From day one Mandaric very clearly set out his aim was to get us to the premier league.

Until he does that I can't say he's 'delivered'

The aim of every single chairman in the championship in the championship is to get their club to the premier league. We've made significant progress under Milan compared to what occurred under Allen, I'm happy with that, though it does not mean I wouldn't like to be in the premier league, but I'm happy with the job Milan has done. Feel free to label me a "clapper" and all that other childish garbage, it doesn't bother me.

I'm happy with the way things are going at the moment: Gray has assembled a youthful squad with a bit of experience in key positions. Crucially, the majority of our team actually belong to us and loans are being used to add something we'd struggle to buy at the moment. For the first time since we got back in to the Championship it feels like we have a sustainable long-term plan rather than lurching from short-term fix to short-term fix with no identifiable footballing philosophy or team identity. I don't expect us to be troubling the top six this season, but we're definitely moving in the right direction and top ten would represent a great achievement.