predict the team for Bolton

Guest wilyfox

Westwood

Palmer. Lees. Dielna. Mattock

Maguire. Lee. Hutchinson. Drenthe

May. Nuhiu

Subs. Kirkland, Buxton, Helan, Semedo, Coke, Maghoma, Hope.

Westwood

Palmer

Dialna

Mattock

Maghoma

Lee

Hutchinson

Drenthe

Nuhiu

May

Err, this is just ten players?

Westwood

Palmer Lees Dielna Mattock                 (nice to have a proper back five which just picks itself most weeks, hopefully we won't miss Loovens)

Maguire Hutchinson Coke Drenthe       (presumably Drenthe has been brought in to play and probably time to shake up mid a bit)

Nuhiu May 

It' come down to, either Zayatte's familiarity with the system and players, or Dielna's like for like left footed replacement

Loovens is right footed isn't he?

Depends on the fitness/sharpness of the new lads I suppose.

I expect they'll both be on the bench. Unless the French lad impresses before the game and plays instead of Zayyatte.

Think it will be a very similar side to the last game. Probably just the one change.

Suspect I'll never get to see them do my "Aeroplane" formation.

Just a bloke. Being dragged along in a world that moves too quick for it's own good.

--------------------Westwood--------------------

------------------Lees-----Zayatte--------------

Palmer----------------------------------Mattock

------------------Lee-------Hutch---------------

Maguire------------------------------------Hope

-----------------May---------Nuhiu------------------

Kirkland

Helan

Dielna 

Coke

Maghoma

Drenthe

Madine

unless maghoma improves I would be annoyed to see him in the starting lineup.

Westwood

Palmer

Loovens

Lees

Helan

Maguire

coke

Hutchinson

Drenthe

Nuhui

May

The reason I have gone for both Helan and Drenthe is because they both have left wing and left back experience so whilst one is running with the ball the other can cover the others position. The over lapping maybe decent as well because I just think mattock and Maghoma dont link up well at all.

Edited by Animal

It doesn't pick itself for a change.  The hardest thing a manager has to do is keep everyone happy, keep the team spirit there.  So I think the important part is how Gray positions his decisions with everyone. 

If he drops Maghoma for Drenthe, ensure he understands why.  If Zayatte starts ahead of Dielna, make sure you explain to the guy who's just signed a 3 year deal why he isn't starting yet.  And so on.

Persdonally, i can't see Drenthe starting, I can't see him being match fit if he's hardly played recently and has been forced out of the Reading first team to train with the kids.  I could see Dielna starting though...I recall Gray saying in a post match interview that we needed defensive cover as Loovens is out, and he didn't even mention Zayatte...I think it's obvious that he's 4th choice.