Official Loan Window Megathread 2014-2015

Guest tha_knows

Does Marvin Emnes make the Swansea starting 11 much now? He was a bit out of favour last season and I think he would be an ideal signing at this level

Guest wilyfox

Does Marvin Emnes make the Swansea starting 11 much now? He was a bit out of favour last season and I think he would be an ideal signing at this level

Gets used sporadically. You're right, someone like Emnes or Sordell would offer us more variety than Graham. I'm hoping it's one of twitter's fails.

Guest tha_knows

Gets used sporadically. You're right, someone like Emnes or Sordell would offer us more variety than Graham. I'm hoping it's one of twitter's fails.

I totally forgot about Sordell, he tore us a new one last season for Charlton. But yeah someone with a bit of pace and composure infront of goal would be nice, just guess we have to sit and wait hey...

Most on here would hate Sordell

I've never seen a striker do so little and leave the pitch with the match ball like he did at Hillsborough last year.

iirc at least two of his goals were set up by Wednesday players with misplaced passes, either that or we failed to cut out a simple through ball. He didn't have to work for any of the 3 he got.

Guest wilyfox

Lots of news coming into us this morning that Brentford are in talks with West Ham over loan signing of Carlton Cole #brentfordfc #whufc

Matt Phillips probably out of our reach but he's the sort of winger I'd like to see us bring in. Real genuine pace, we've missed thst hugely since JJ & Antonio departed.

And goals, which from a winger is a huge bonus, especially if your forwards don't score

Guest wilyfox

I think an ideal addition would be a Tom Ince or Matt Phillips, but I doubt we could get near either financially. Didn't PA allude to that at the fans' forum?

The footballing landscape is changing, and it's not all down to the parachute payments, who'd have said five years ago, that the likes of Bournemouth and Brentford would be able to outmuscle us in the transfer market

Well when you think that we've had transfer windows that consisted entirely of signing O'Connor on a free transfer we've not really been able to compete with comparable or smaller teams for many years.