Royston a Bad Egg ?

I´m guessing Loovens is the engineer behind this. They will have grown up together in the Feyenoord academy. Him being named captain means increased influence on player recruitment and he is obviously  optimistic about this one which means so am I...

Guest Sheff Owl

Royston Drenthe has revealed that his heroes when he was young were Robin van Persie and Glenn Loovens, as he watched them both play for Feyenoord in the Champions League.

The Dutch international is preparing to appear in Europe's elite club competition this week for Real Madrid when they face FC Zurich in Switzerland.

Watching his heroes back in Rotterdam, the young Drenthe dreamed of being a part of the European nights and hoped to emulate the current Arsenal and Celtic stars.

"When I was 14 years old I used to watch Robin van Persie [who was then 18] and Glenn Loovens [who now plays for Celtic] play in the Champions League with Feyenoord," he was quoted as saying by Madrid's official website.

"That's when I decided I also wanted to be in that tournament. We won the league when I reached the first team at Feyenoord. I gradually took things step by step from then onwards.

"My goal was to play in the Champions League and to experience the atmosphere of a European game."

Edited by Sheff Owl

I´m guessing Loovens is the engineer behind this. They will have grown up together in the Feyenoord academy. Him being named captain means increased influence on player recruitment and he is obviously optimistic about this one which means so am I...

Failed to turn up to training at Hercules and Everton

I´m guessing Loovens is the engineer behind this. They will have grown up together in the Feyenoord academy. Him being named captain means increased influence on player recruitment and he is obviously  optimistic about this one which means so am I...

This is the straw I'm clutching......not the player recruitment bit, but Drenthe seems to look up to Loovens so he might have some stabilising influence.

Still not sure one straw is enough mind.

The Reading fans says that....

Rumours of him being homosexual

He's a lazy with a junk food habit (KFC and McDonalds sales to fall in the Reading area)

Rumours of him being on drugs

Rumours that he told Adkins his training techniques are rubbish

Adkins reckons he's got a personal matter that's not helping him

He's overpaid and a big time Charlie

He's inconsistent

He's been training with the under 21s and people were worried he might influence them

He was disciplined for going out on benders and posting photos in Instagram

But he has shown glimpses of being a good player

Time will tell

Royston Drenthe has revealed that his heroes when he was young were Robin van Persie and Glenn Loovens, as he watched them both play for Feyenoord in the Champions League.

The Dutch international is preparing to appear in Europe's elite club competition this week for Real Madrid when they face FC Zurich in Switzerland.

Watching his heroes back in Rotterdam, the young Drenthe dreamed of being a part of the European nights and hoped to emulate the current Arsenal and Celtic stars.

"When I was 14 years old I used to watch Robin van Persie [who was then 18] and Glenn Loovens [who now plays for Celtic] play in the Champions League with Feyenoord," he was quoted as saying by Madrid's official website.

"That's when I decided I also wanted to be in that tournament. We won the league when I reached the first team at Feyenoord. I gradually took things step by step from then onwards.

"My goal was to play in the Champions League and to experience the atmosphere of a European game."

So we need RVP to really keep him on straight and narrow?

No risk - let's say he gets sent off in first game, clips gray on his way off pitch - then seen in viper room we a Budweiser sticker on his tackle - we send him back to reading next day.

The potential ups weigh out the risks easy.

from reading forum

"For any Owls fans earwigging, you are getting a player with bags and bags of talent. However, you will have 3 major issues to contend with:

1) Getting him match fit

2) Keeping him match fit

3) Keeping his head out of his arse when the going gets anything other than easy.

Or to sum up in 5 words - good luck, you'll need it."