Sheffield Wednesday sign former Real Madrid winger

Guest JonTheOwl66

After wondering if Drenthe still wanted to be a footballer or saw his future as a poo rapper?

Which got me thinking about Dutch music in general, and imo the only two decent groups to come out of Holland are Golden Earring and The Frog.

I realise our younger members probably have never heard of Golden Earring never mind The Frog, and I doubt none of our older members have heard of The Frog,

They're a funky 80's band.......the album, Be Kind to Animals Kiss a Frog is really good and never got the acclaim it deserved.

Some of the tracks are on YouTube, give them a listen, you'll be pleasantly surprised.

#reminiscing, ignore me#

add Kayak to that list

After wondering if Drenthe still wanted to be a footballer or saw his future as a poo rapper?

Which got me thinking about Dutch music in general, and imo the only two decent groups to come out of Holland are Golden Earring and The Frog.

I realise our younger members probably have never heard of Golden Earring never mind The Frog, and I doubt none of our older members have heard of The Frog,

They're a funky 80's band.......the album, Be Kind to Animals Kiss a Frog is really good and never got the acclaim it deserved.

Some of the tracks are on YouTube, give them a listen, you'll be pleasantly surprised.

#reminiscing, ignore me#

MC Miker G & DJ Sven? The Dutch have a rich pop pedigree.

i was in Spain somewhere out in the sticks in the Sierra Nevada, and was half watching Madrid on tv, i remember Drenthe tore the fullback a new one, it was the first time i'd heard of him, i think he had a Mohican at the time, the barman, a Real fan, loved the guy, he really is an animal when he's on song,

issues aside, if we get this guy playing, watch out

Focus?

Forgot about Focus to be honest, I'll give you that one.

add Kayak to that list

Not really into Kayak music, but I suppose you could add them to the very short list.

MC Miker G & DJ Sven? The Dutch have a rich pop pedigree.

I rest my case m'lord.

Excuse me.

Radar Love is a fantastic song.

No idea they were Dutch though. LEARN SOEMTHING NEW EVERY DAY.

Radar love is why I said 'probably', it's the only dutch classic that still gets an airing.

I'm a bit worried about this signing. He looks like a bit on a willy puller and worried he's going to upset the camp. Looks like he has (or did have) some skill though.

Not sure why you think he may upset the camp? Im reasonably sure Gray will have looked into that.

Having a player of his ability on loan is a no brainer to me - surely worth a slight risk?

Not sure why you think he may upset the camp? Im reasonably sure Gray will have looked into that.

Having a player of his ability on loan is a no brainer to me - surely worth a slight risk?

I don't think there's any risk at all.

If the group are as tight as they seem they'll soon let him know what is expected.

All goes t.i.ts up then he can go back.

Don't really see how we can lose.

Just a bloke. Being dragged along in a world that moves too quick for it's own good.

royJPG.jpg

He does look pretty chubby.

If he was fully fit and motivated he would be the best player we've had in years. I hope that a short term loan is long enough to get him into shape. But very little risk so worth a go anyway. As I said before when he played for Feyenoord and RM he was the quickest player I have ever seen. Likelihood is he'll be pretty off the pace and not do much for us, but there's a chance we could be the club for him, and if we are then we're on to a winner.