palmer

Keep telling yourself that and next time Liam is caught upfield well out of position as he has been regularly and the opposition punish us, keep yourself warm by comparing him to a player who has consistently been our best player for the many of the last few seasons.

Note that i don't slag Palmer as a player, i think he is a decent prospect at both Midfield and RB with time but do we have time for him to learn to play Fullback properly ?

Personally i don't think so

Why you feel the need to denegrate a player Like Louis Buxton to prove a stupid debating point defeats me.

Palmer is not a RB

It's called having an opinion, I don't feel the need to DO anything, I'm just giving my opinion, Palmer IMO is technically better, quicker, his distribution is a lot better than LEWIS Buxton's.

Buxton has been a good servant to the club and you can't argue with his commitment and desire but it's time to move on.

It's called having an opinion, I don't feel the need to DO anything, I'm just giving my opinion, Palmer IMO is technically better, quicker, his distribution is a lot better than LEWIS Buxton's.

Buxton has been a good servant to the club and you can't argue with his commitment and desire but it's time to move on.

I like Palmer, though he did have an off day yesterday, but we can't afford to be writing off players of Buxton's quality.

We lost 1-0 Against a team that,s got a wage budget that,s 3 times ours ,we can only do best with what we have got i did not think palmer was that bad.The pass delivered to may if it had been done by a real winger might have been a goal.We need investment or frrebies and loans is all we going to get .Any signings we make we will have to sell before we buy,Who do you think our next saleable  asset will be get him fit i reckon kieren lee should get a million in.

Westwood

Buxton         Lees       Loovens    Mattock

Palmer      Hutchinson       Lee

Maguire        Nuhiu         May

Possible line-up if we were to move Palmer into a midfield three. I just don't think we have the wingers right now to play 4-4-2.

f*** me, we'd get cut to ribbons with 3 in m/f...

Guest s35woody

i didn't see that ... from about 10 yards away on the kop!

palmer was caught wrong side of antonio, then lost the flight of the ball by trying to get back in position (without tracking the flight of the ball),ended up controlling it nicely for antonio. error of judgement but i've seen better/more experienced players do the same.

I saw the push sat in the grandstand on the halfway line!!! Just enough to give Antonio time to pick out the cross.

Edited by s35woody

I saw the push sat in the grandstand on the halfway line!!! Just enough to give Antonio time to pick out the cross.

there was no push...i didn't appeal from 10 yards away (and i appeal for ANYTHING), palmer didn't appeal, no one appealed !!!! do you not think someone would've hassled the ref had there been a push ?????  

there was no push...i didn't appeal from 10 yards away (and i appeal for ANYTHING), palmer didn't appeal, no one appealed !!!! do you not think someone would've hassled the ref had there been a push ?????

Watch the replay. There was a push. Not a hard one just enough to ensure Palmer could not stop and turn so Antonio couldmake space to get a cross in. Antonio's hands were on the top of Palmers back.

However Palmer should have been stronger and not caught out like that his positioning and turning his back on the ball were the reason it happened. We would have been very fortunate to get a free kick.