palmer

Guest silvergusy

Not good enough simple as that he had a test tday and failed miserably

A very good young player has an off game and all if a sudden he's not good enough?

Have a word with yourself, if every time a player had an off performance and we got shut we'd have no players.

Unbelievable

Not a lover of Palmer especially when he played midfield but is our best option at right back due to his pace, which Buxton lacks at this level and i've always been a fan of Buxton.

Then again he's nearly 23 played nearly 150 games and only scored 1 goal in all that time, why he was voted POY last year in front of Maguire baffled me, he's not good enough at this level  we need better but  i'd rather sort the left side out first before looking at the right. Mattock offers nothing going forward and Maghoma is a waste of space.

palmer wasn't pushed he simply misread the flight of the ball, an honest mistake granted but he wasn't fouled at all.

As for losing Antonio he should be scoring there regardless of who he's lost, like I said I'm not wanting to pull the lad to bits he's allowed the odd off game but most of what you've just said was absolute waffle Antonio bullied him.

He was pushed with two hands and I was sat on the kop.

Mattock offers nothing going forward and Maghoma is a waste of space.

Mattock is right there with Nuhiu for POTM for me, very good defender and of all our back 4, he's worth the most money imo.

Maghoma is not a waste of space, a waste of space would be Jermaine Johnson, Maghoma is a talented player who still has things to learn, but he's getting there, he can beat a man, he can cross, he can shoot, all he needs to do is learn to release the ball before taking too many touches sometimes, it looks as though he's trying to beat all 11 of the opposing players before walking it into the net, needs to learn that it doesn't have to be that good, but he will get there, he's too good not to.

Far from a waste of space though

Not a lover of Palmer especially when he played midfield but is our best option at right back due to his pace, which Buxton lacks at this level and i've always been a fan of Buxton.

Then again he's nearly 23 played nearly 150 games and only scored 1 goal in all that time, why he was voted POY last year in front of Maguire baffled me, he's not good enough at this level we need better but i'd rather sort the left side out first before looking at the right. Mattock offers nothing going forward and Maghoma is a waste of space.

So...you've basically being waiting for him to have a poor performance.

Kudos.

Just seen a few highlights on SSN. Palmer did get a little push from Antonio. His pass to May was rubbish, should have shot really. Apparently he's changed his name to Liam Miller (Some Sky commentators are really crap sometimes, how hard is it to get a players name correct?) and didn't realise Nuhiu hit the post late on!

To say that any of the defenders had a bad game today is a travesty of justice. A side at the top of the league, and they had at most TWO chances on goal, and one of those came from a foul by Antonio, who incidentally very rarely beat Palmer.On the times he did, Palmer recovered. We know the dandger Antonio can be, but today he wasn't a threat. And if anyone can explain the Ref's carding decisions I would like to hear the explanation.  Certainly, the one for Mattock happened in front of a Lino who couldn't lift his flag above shoulder height. Mattock held back from his tackle, and never went near the man who fell over the ball

Still, today we've seen a side who will certainly be among the top sides in two categories - deliberate cheating (falling over for nothing) and time wasting.   

Antonio definitely used both hands to push Palmer away before he put in the cross. I had a perfect view of it from the North. Definite foul.

Just how I saw it from the North. You can argue that he was a fanny and got muscled off the ball but 9 times out of ten that would have been given as a foul.

Antonio definitely used both hands to push Palmer away before he put in the cross. I had a perfect view of it from the North. Definite foul.

Just how I saw it from the North. You can argue that he was a fanny and got muscled off the ball but 9 times out of ten that would have been given as a foul.

To say that any of the defenders had a bad game today is a travesty of justice. A side at the top of the league, and they had at most TWO chances on goal, and one of those came from a foul by Antonio, who incidentally very rarely beat Palmer.On the times he did, Palmer recovered. We know the dandger Antonio can be, but today he wasn't a threat. And if anyone can explain the Ref's carding decisions I would like to hear the explanation. Certainly, the one for Mattock happened in front of a Lino who couldn't lift his flag above shoulder height. Mattock held back from his tackle, and never went near the man who fell over the ball

Still, today we've seen a side who will certainly be among the top sides in two categories - deliberate cheating (falling over for nothing) and time wasting.

mattock caught him, his studs went down the back of his legs, don't know whether or not it was intentional but it looked painful

Yeah I said after the Boro game that he really needs to improve his decision making going forwards. Unfortunately that cost us today. But let's not forget it was however a fantastic run from him to get into that position in the first place. 

I wouldn't say he did too badly today considering he was up against Antonio whose pace and power causes problems for most full-backs in the division.

The goal was coke and Semedo. Who was marking Lansbury? None of our central midfielders were in the box

Lansbury was playing off Assombalonga. Our CMs would probably have been picking up their pairing of Cohen and Reid I imagine so it's not fair to just point the blame at Coke and Semedo.

Then again he's nearly 23 played nearly 150 games and only scored 1 goal in all that time, why he was voted POY last year in front of Maguire baffled me, he's not good enough at this level we need better but i'd rather sort the left side out first before looking at the right. Mattock offers nothing going forward and Maghoma is a waste of space.

Wow.

One below par performance and he's now no longer good enough at this level and needs replacing.