palmer

Westwood

Buxton Lees Loovens Mattock

Palmer Hutchinson Lee

Maguire Nuhiu May

Possible line-up if we were to move Palmer into a midfield three. I just don't think we have the wingers right now to play 4-4-2.

Agree with the wingers comment on a 442 set up. we don't have anyone that can inject that burst of energy followed by a good ball into the box. Chris Mac has the cutting in ability (and I like that) but we need someone on the opposite side to be able to skin a man and whip in a cross for May (who is a clear goal poacher). Unlucky today, Loovens and Lees were not aware enough at the crucial times when a striker or attacking midfielder were swooping into the box. I'll take something out of the match though (much like the Derby match) in that we were on a par, and possession wise on top of teams that are (according to the pundits) challenging for promotion. Play offs, for the first time in ages is actually a real possibility! Keep up the good work Wednesday, I like what we are doing!

He had a poor game today and probably cost us the points in the end.

What I want to say though is let's not pull him to shreds for one poor performance, get back behind the lad he's been outstanding for us over the last year let's not forget that.

Why bother starting a thread, highlighting his performance then?

Guest JohnFantham

palmer wasn't pushed he simply misread the flight of the ball, an honest mistake granted but he wasn't fouled at all. He was shoved in the back.

As for losing Antonio he should be scoring there regardless of who he's lost, like I said I'm not wanting to pull the lad to bits he's allowed the odd off game but most of what you've just said was absolute waffle Antonio bullied him.

Guest JohnFantham

palmer wasn't pushed he simply misread the flight of the ball, an honest mistake granted but he wasn't fouled at all. He was shoved in the back.

As for losing Antonio he should be scoring there regardless of who he's lost, like I said I'm not wanting to pull the lad to bits he's allowed the odd off game but most of what you've just said was absolute waffle Antonio bullied him.

He was pushed in the back.

What a stupid thread seriously we do we seem to do this? The young lad has had a cracking start to the season, wasn't great today but certainly wasn't that bad. I hope young players dont read owlstalk cos their confidence will be shot by stupid posts

He was pushed in the back.

i didn't see that ... from about 10 yards away on the kop!

palmer was caught wrong side of antonio, then lost the flight of the ball by trying to get back in position (without tracking the flight of the ball),ended up controlling it nicely for antonio. error of judgement but i've seen better/more experienced players do the same.

I have looked at the OP haven't decided to read the rest of the comments, anyone who blames a single player for losing a game is an absolute idiot and should never be allowed to comment on here again. It's a team game you fool. Palmer didn't have a great game today but he wasn't the worst player at all, yeah he should have shot in first min things could have been different but you can't blame him or any single player for today's loss it's a team game. Liam played against an established winger and did just as good as any player we have who plays full back. Only once Antonio got past him and Palmer did just nail him In and took a booking. The goal was a foul, Antonio pushed Palmer with both hands then stood the ball up for Lansbury to score a good goal. So to the person who started this post, in future just press delete instead of posting utter crap :)

Edited by WORKSOP_OWL

Palmer isn't a RB

Yes he is, he's so much better there than he is in midfield

Had a poor game today, but then so did Maguire who I though wasted the ball every time he touched it, but they'll have a break now and come back strong against Bolton

Palmer is a good full back who just had a bad game, it happens