Stuart Pearce thoughts on us

Long ball, expecting a similar game that Tranmere gave them in the cup, everything will be aimed at the big man. a very physical route one side, he signs off by saying 'we know what they're about'

Oh no, we've been found out, what will we do now?

Didn't take long for the "Wednesday are direct and a big bunch of bullies" stuff to start this season then

For the first time in a long time though it's not actually true, I'd say we're at our best these days with the ball on the floor

While we do play some football, we do like to pump it forward quickly but, hey, it works and long may it last.

There's a huge difference between getting it forward quickly and being a hoof ball side.

If he wants to seriously challenge for promotion this season I suggest he sacks his scout.

I actually wanted him for manager last time, but bearing in mind the arrogance, I'm rather glad we got Gray.  Stick to our own game style and let others come to us, we can only do our best regardless, sometimes it'll be good enough sometimes it won't but at least we're not a club full of arrogance and overkill.

Why do we never beat Forest though

We do it's just been a while, what is interesting though is there have been very few draws between the two clubs, last seasons 3-3 draw at the CG was only the 5th league draw in 47 league meetings going back to 1967. 

Edited by TaxiMark

There's a huge difference between getting it forward quickly and being a hoof ball side.

If he wants to seriously challenge for promotion this season I suggest he sacks his scout.

What I should also say is that I like our new style this year though. What we have is a mix of power and finesse. We have intelligent players that can adapt during the game. It's interesting that SG allowed Antonio to go - whilst effective, Antonio doesn't appear to have the best footballing brain.

I also like SG's statement two or three weeks ago about football never really changing and that new styles of play weren't necessarily better than previous styles but just the latest fashion. I like the fact that we've played 4-4-2 and been successful with it - my guess is that every player is familiar with the tried and tested formation and, therefore, know and are comfortable with their roles and positions.

I like the way that SG has addressed the defence, how we are looking really solid and how our back four are extremely comfortable on and off the ball.

I love how every player seems to have improved by a measure that can be visibly noticed. The positive team spirit is absolutely tangible.

Although it's an unfair comparison, SG seems to have done in the first 5 games what Sir Alex Ferguson built an entire career around - powerful, effective yet simple football backed up with a "never say die" attitude and a supreme team spirit. The trick is for SG to deliver this constantly in the long term whilst having the players that he needs made available. We don't know if that will happen - let's hope it does.

Stuart Pearce has his scouting reports and opinion about us but I hope that he believes that we are playing like we were last year because we are, up to now, an entirely different proposition this year.

Edited by shandypants

Was talking to a guy last night who is a PNE fan but, living in Sheffield, goes to watch us and the pigs a few times a year. He went to our match with derby expecting us to still be a fairly direct team but could not believe how well we played the ball around.

Thing is, you can understand joe public not knowing what to expect, but Pearce surely has had us watched and knows we now have ball players rather than an emphasis on merely athletes pumping the ball forward and running aimlessly.