Squad Value

Guest grez_owls4ever

Guest grez_owls4ever

Just found this on the internet about Nottingham Forests squad:

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/nottingham-forest/startseite/verein/703

This is obviously not what they paid for everyone, but highlights how much their players are worth, rough maths i got it to be £28M.

Couldnt find anything on our squad value anywhere but id be amazed if it was 1/3 of this.

Just highlights for me how money doesnt always work, I bet we dont see a difference like this on the pitch tomorrow, and I for one feel they will still fail to get promotion this season. Also highlights how shrewd SG is at judging a person, as well as a player..... The best ones arent always tje ones that cost the most

If anyone has any info on our squad value please share.

No squad or player has a specific value, they're worth whatever an owner is willing to pay based on numerous factors, mainly how ambitious he is and how much the manager wants that player. Any of our players could be worth more than any other Forest player depending on the day. All these millions are just numbers to these owners.

Guest OsiinAlnwick

As any player is only worth what somebody is prepared to pay any figure can be nothing other than guesswork. If we maintain our current results the value of our squad will rise with every game and some of our cheaper signings will acquire decent value. The problem with this is that they only have value because other people value them and are willing to hand over hard cash to buy them.

It might appear great to have a valuable squad but you're always running the risk of losing them to other teams. Better to fly under the radar. 

If Pellegrini said to sheikh Mansour "go and get me that Kieran Lee," he'd go and get Kieran Lee, whatever the price. Doesn't mean Kieran Lee is worth that, just means Pellegrini wanted him and Mansour backed his manager.

Suarez went to Liverpool for £21m the same week Andy Carroll went to Liverpool for £35m.

Player values are pointless, they're worth whatever anyone is willing to pay. Think of it as buying a watch from a lucky lucky man.

Edited by Tom22709

If Pellegrini said to sheikh Mansour "go and get me that Kieran Lee," he'd go and get Kieran Lee, whatever the price. Doesn't mean Kieran Lee is worth that, just means Pellegrini wanted him and Mansour backed his manager.

Suarez went to Liverpool for £21m the same week Andy Carroll went to Liverpool for £35m.

Player values are pointless, they're worth whatever anyone is willing to pay. Think of it as buying a watch from a lucky lucky man.

poopydoo I had a smug comment for that dollar sign too! lol

250k for Palmer? lol

Our player of the season & we just sold Antonio for 1.5m

Palmer 1m + in my books

Same with Lee's, Hutchinson, Westwood, Maguire, Nuhiu and Maghoma. All 1m + each

i think we wouldnt get a lot for him, hes still pretty naive as a RB, getting there though

No way is Maguire and Maghoma worth £1m plus... Hutch probably not due to his injury record. Doesnt mean he isnt worth that much to us to find a replacement though