What's the closest you've come to losing interest in Wednesday?

You never lose interest, ever.

Can think of a few times towards the end of both DJ and Irvines tenures, when I would come in from work, check the score, see we'd lost and just laugh.

But even then I'd woop it up if we won.

I suppose the closest I came to ambivalence was towards the end of the tenure of the CHC (care home crew) - horrible times. The current "will we or won't we" get taken over is nothing compared to that period in our history. 

Still being fairly young (just about leaving college young) I haven't seen really the worst of Wednesday.

Of course the Irvine era, but I'm sure there's been worse that I've luckily missed.

Looking back as a young lad at the playoff final etc there aren't many places you can get enjoyment like that in life, even with many ups and downs. I don't think I could ever lose interest in this club.

Still being fairly young (just about leaving college young) I haven't seen really the worst of Wednesday.

Of course the Irvine era, but I'm sure there's been worse that I've luckily missed.

Looking back as a young lad at the playoff final etc there aren't many places you can get enjoyment like that in life, even with many ups and downs. I don't think I could ever lose interest in this club.

Surely you remember the Turner days? god they were awful. 

Drawing with Rushden and Diamonds!!!

Hearing from Turner every week how 'teams come here and sit back because any result here is a cracking result for them'

Christ almighty they were bleak times!

The funny thing is I went to more games that season than I have both before or after it, due to commitments etc.

It really was bloody appaling that year.

I mean, Kim Olson for crying out loud.

Feel depressed just thinking about it!

Its funny..I knew a bloke...not seen him for a few years now,but went to school with him..he's an ardent Blade..or was last time I met him.

When we were at school he was an Owls fan..now how does that happen..?..foo,k knows.,

I was stood on the Kop against City with him when we dipped down on that sad rainy night in whateverthefook year it was..1970?

Next time I met him..he was a blade....

I moved to Gleadless valley..and funnily enough bumped into him on Fleury rd..He had a Blades scarf on..I was comin' back from an Owls away game at some misbegotten outpost in the lower leagues...I could not bloody believe it!

Hows that happen..I remember asking him.../...

"All Blades up here" was his answer...and to be fair, there were more Blades fans on the valley at the time...but not one of 'em travelled away..includin' this soft bugger...

There were three of us Owls on the 3 blocks of maisonettes up there at the time...all 3 of us went season after season without missing home and away..in the 70's when we were honestly ..abysmal...more abysmal than owt you see these days..I mean pathetic, abject no hope...turgid crap.

I then saw him at Wembley '91...with a fookin' Owls flag draped around him..sat with a few mates in that pub near Wembley way..is it the green man or summatt?..I forget.

Any road uipwards..I trotted over to introduce meself..or re introduce meself...and I could see he recognised me as I approached..cos he went a bit pasty...but I couldn't help meself..cos I was..not so much angry..as fookin' steamin' mad...

I asked if United were down here playin'...and what the flip was he doin' sat regaled in the blue and white...he didn't have an answer...he hummed an' hawed and garbled crap for ten minutes....his mates looked at him...but i made me point and ambled off....

I saw him again just after United got promoted to the Prem...at a wedding...He had a Blades badge pinned to his suit lapel...I ambled over...he went a bit pasty again..................................................

What i'm saying is..its all transitory...hold true to the blue the wheel turns...

I lived on Fleury Rd during that time asteener , and i remember it being about 60 - 40 in favour of the dark side............................but it certainly didnt feel like that in The Wyvern on the afternoon of boxing day 1979 , me and my dad had called in to hear what all the blunts who had been mouthing off for 5 months had to say.........................trouble was , there were only about 3 of them in.

As regards the OP , i,ve never lost interest.......................been pi$$ed off many , many times , and dont attend these days half as much as i used to but never lost interest , if its in your blood you just cant.

PS

Give me the guys initials who you,re on about , i,ll see if i can work out who it is !

Edited by sheriwozgod

I remember a game at Hillsborough, against Halifax Town, at some point in the 1970's. we used to meet at opening time in the Old Blue Bell on High Street, before the game, than get a taxi to Hillsborough at about 2.30. I remember thinking, "It's only Halifax, should I stay here and have another drink, oh sod it I'll go to 't game".

That's the closest I ever came.

There was a period under Eustace when it wasn't great

And this coincided with me meeting a stunning blonde German lass...think I went to two games during this time. Travel up from London or spend Saturday indulging in some serious bedroom gymnastics? A no-brainer or so it seemed...

She dumped me the week before we lost to Forest and got relegated. I went to cheer myself up!! Worst week of my life...

I've NEVER let a woman come between me and Wednesday ever since...

Edited by coruja