Why is the Forest match Cat A

Don't make sense to me when it's on telly. Why would you want to pay an extra fiver when you can watch it in pub having a pint. Think the club would be offering incentives to get bums on seats

Its because the people running swfc commercial side of things are useless beyond belief. Just walk in the club shop to see that. 10 staff behind the counter and one til open. Lose thousands every season because half the people that buy shirts do so for there hols but have already been before its released....and breathe

Its because the people running swfc commercial side of things are useless beyond belief. Just walk in the club shop to see that. 10 staff behind the counter and one til open. Lose thousands every season because half the people that buy shirts do so for there hols but have already been before its released....and breathe

behind the scenes we are a joke of a club at times.

This and by changing it at a later date, would devalue Season Tickets and therefore make circa 14000 hard core supporters unhappy.

I am a season ticket holder, it would not bother me if they reduced prices

with it being televised, would rather have bums on seats in the ground rather

than in pubs and living rooms, think most season ticket holders would not mind,

I buy a season ticket simply because I go to every home game, there are plenty

of people who would like to attend more games but silly things like this just

does not allow them to.

does not allow them to.

I am a season ticket holder too and would not mind if the chaged this game to Cat B but do know of some season ticket holders who would moan at it, then again they are the type of people who would moan at anything.

As a season ticket holder for 30+ years i have never really taken any note of the categories of games for obvious reasons.

But the fact that the Forest game is full price infuriates me.

We struggle to get above 20k home support as it is currently, making this full price which where i sit is going to be around £29 - £35 I presume is ridiculous.

Why not make it £10.00 max, free for kids with an adult.

Yes as a season ticket holder i would lose out, but make the next cup game free for season ticket holders or at an inflated discount or something.

The money brought in from Sky far outweighs this.

Plus we look much better as a club to a International audience.

I wonder if anything like this ever crosses the clubs minds?

Football is a business now, i wish someone would let Wednesday know!!! 

does not allow them to.

I agree, just slower at typing than you!!!

As a season ticket holder for 30+ years i have never really taken any note of the categories of games for obvious reasons.

But the fact that the Forest game is full price infuriates me.

We struggle to get above 20k home support as it is currently, making this full price which where i sit is going to be around £29 - £35 I presume is ridiculous.

Why not make it £10.00 max, free for kids with an adult.

Yes as a season ticket holder i would lose out, but make the next cup game free for season ticket holders or at an inflated discount or something.

The money brought in from Sky far outweighs this.

Plus we look much better as a club to a International audience.

I wonder if anything like this ever crosses the clubs minds?

Football is a business now, i wish someone would let Wednesday know!!! 

Make the Forest game £10 and give season ticket holders a free cup game?

We already have a poor budget, I doubt it will get any better with deals like that!

in my opinion night matches and matches on Sky should be CAT C unless the game is a Sheffield derby or a cup game against a top Prem club.

I think the first role of Mammadov (if he takes over) is to fire all the commercial team and hire people with commercial and economic sense.

as a  season ticket holder whatever the club charges matchday prices doesnt really bother me.

I buy it as a convenience factor. e.g I attend every game so irrelevant of price changes to matchday tickets I still get a cheaper rate over the year.

Also the spread the cost option is available for a season ticket which enables me to attend every game as I have a set budget for it.

I do agree that they should run an offer for this game to get people in.

What hasn't been considered here or what isnt clear is who is the influential factor? The club or SKY?   Is it in the TV right package that you can't run an offer for a televised game as that would put you in direct competition with something you get paid for as a club anyway? As infuriating as that might be, would make sense to me if that's the case as I can't see SKY or any other generic Sports TV provider accepting a dent in their ratings when they're paying for the rights to show your game

as a  season ticket holder whatever the club charges matchday prices doesnt really bother me.

I buy it as a convenience factor. e.g I attend every game so irrelevant of price changes to matchday tickets I still get a cheaper rate over the year.

Also the spread the cost option is available for a season ticket which enables me to attend every game as I have a set budget for it.

I do agree that they should run an offer for this game to get people in.

What hasn't been considered here or what isnt clear is who is the influential factor? The club or SKY?   Is it in the TV right package that you can't run an offer for a televised game as that would put you in direct competition with something you get paid for as a club anyway? As infuriating as that might be, would make sense to me if that's the case as I can't see SKY or any other generic Sports TV provider accepting a dent in their ratings when they're paying for the rights to show your game

Its the club pal, M'boro played us on Friday night a few seasons back and put it on for a tenner (for their fans).

Really daft by the club.

Should really be encouraging people to come, not putting them off with the category price. If I wasn't a season ticket holder, it would be an easy decision.

Edited by owls66

I've heard that it's a way of fleecing sky out of loss of income money based on last years average at this seasons(cat a) price, as the club expect fans to stay away cos it's on sky.

Edited by CS5swfc

Realist.....totally agree with you. We need to bring the crowd down on to the pitch side and make it more intimidating. Stop selling back half of kop except a "singing" zone in the middle, stop selling grandstand and seat them all down at lepps end and maybe stop selling back 6-7 rows of north out on wings and start selling from the pitch upwards.

Remember the LDV game against ches vegas, the north looked packed from pitch side because we only open lower half, same with south as back 4-5 rows weren't sold either, adds to atmosphere not just for tv either.

Maybe encourage fans to bring banners and flags to cover seats in sparse areas too