Tarideau

I'd happily see him come in. 

But as priorities go I'd rather we get someone who can come straight into English football eg from the Premiership on loan. Tardieu may well be a good long term solution if he does come but I doubt he'll be ready to be thrown straight into 90 minutes of first team action.

Ideal world would be a good central midfield premiership loan and we then sign Tardieu too, in reality i reckon it will just be the loan, hope I'm wrong.

With the injuries seemingly mounting up Milan really needs to get some new faces in otherwise all this hard work that Stuarts done will unravel very quickly.

Stuart keeps stating at press conferences that we have offers in. But if some of these offers are loans i doubt they'll be much movement in the loan market until after the Premiership teams have registered their 25 man squads and once players see if they'll have an active role to play. I reckon the next 10 days will be a struggle, hope I'm wrong. Then they'll be some incomings in the first week of September via the loan market.

Stuart keeps stating at press conferences that we have offers in. But if some of these offers are loans i doubt they'll be much movement in the loan market until after the Premiership teams have registered their 25 man squads and once players see if they'll have an active role to play. I reckon the next 10 days will be a struggle, hope I'm wrong. Then they'll be some incomings in the first week of September via the loan market.

Its a worry when teams like Millwall had so many more players then us in their squad.

Milan said he's fully behind the club and giving Gray his backing.

If he's true to his word no matter what's going on with the takeover, he seriously needs to get his hand in his pocket.

Looks like he'll need to now that Mammadov seemingly has other issues on his mind, we really need to cut this guy loose on concentrate on the current issues that need addressing, all the takeover crap this summer has been such a farce even affecting our recruitments. 

We're not going to be relying on loans like we did last year.

Milan said so.

We're not going to be relying on loans like we did last year.

Milan said so.

I love the man, but Milan says a lot of things.

In hindsight I feel I might have not picked up on some sarcasm there....

Edited by SHUowl

I love the man, but Milan says a lot of things.

In hindsight I feel I might have not picked up on some sarcasm there....

http://www.sheffieldtelegraph.co.uk/sport/sheffield-wednesday/sheffield-wednesday-will-be-on-promotion-trail-next-season-mandaric-1-6552030

No look, he did day that. Quite clearly infers we'll not be relying upon loans

Its a worry when teams like Millwall had so many more players then us in their squad.

Yep I agree too. The point was made on Radio Sheffield that we have a 25 man squad including Kelhar, Floro and a number of development players. Whereas Millwall have a 35 man squad with most of those being players with 1st team experience. 

Not that we should expect 3 players for every position but it's certainly to be expected that when we have a midfield where Lee and Hutchinson have such an injury record the evidence is there to show the need to spend the necessary money on another player who can be the creative force we need. I just don't feel this player I describe will be a permanent signing when we have Lee and Hutch, and if it is a loan I don't think they'll come in until September. Though hopefully Milan proves me wrong and we get a capable Championship midfielder in before the weekend as I don't think Semedo and Coke are good enough partnership to keep things tight and be creative. We'd also then be left with McCabe as the only central midfielder on the bench which is worry.

I sincerely hope your right, and I do have faith in Milan. If we do go into the loan market it will be hopefully with a view to bringing in players who can be signed permanently if they show they are what we need.

Yep like the 4-5-1 at Brighton, as long as the other 1 is someone else equally capable or better such as Hutchinson or future loanee/new signing

Yep. Ideally one of them two with Lee and Hutch.

Though sadly that looks like it might be some time off.

Didn't much like the sound of Lee having to be injected in the groin!

If we could avoid injuries, it would be easier to maintain a promotion push, but our luck is clearly not in in this respect.

We need to bring in players of the right calibre now. And we can't afford to do a Milan dawdle before doing so either, else we run the risk of losing the momentum we'd started to build up.

Although I can almost hear someone more vociferous than I suggesting that bringing in new players to the team might effect morale.

Not mentioning any names though but I do like pulling his leg.

Edited by theowlsman