Concerning

Guest JonTheOwl66

Guest JonTheOwl66

This time 2 years ago we had 7 points from 3 games, and people were saying it was concerning that we shipped 2 goals in these 3 games... Basically unless we win every game 3-0 wednesday fans will not be happy

Lets face it - we've been fairly lucky with the goals we've scored in the league so far. 

Defensively it's been excellent. But once again we're lacking creativity and finishing ability in the final third.

The problem is it was inevitable because we only scored thanks to a freekick from Maguire. You can't rely on goals like that on a weekly basis.

We need to start being clinical. Create a chance and take it.

That will never happen while we have Nuhiu up front. Love his passion, but the lad couldn't score in a brothel with a pocket full of fifties

The past three league games we've scored two goals - one in open play and the other a wonder strike.

We're relying on keeping a clean sheet to get the points currently.

Lack of creativity tonight cost us, not taking chances on Saturday cost us. 

Slightly concerning.

You know what this time last season we lost two league games and drawn the other, we had just been dumped out of the L cup by Rotherham and had two players sent of in 4 league and cup games.

This time 2 years ago we had 7 points from 3 games, and people were saying it was concerning that we shipped 2 goals in these 3 games... Basically unless we win every game 3-0 wednesday fans will not be happy

They were right to be concerned because the goals dried up and we didn't win again for months.

To be fair, I'd have been happy with 7 points from the opening month. Just gutted that we were so close to getting that already. Think it may be tough to still get that with injury problems.

Guest JonTheOwl66

You know what this time last season we lost two league games and drawn the other, we had just been dumped out of the L cup by Rotherham and had two players sent of in 4 league and cup games.

And this season Milan reckons we're pushing for the playoffs.

I'm not moaning here at all. Start to the season has been brilliant. Should have had another 3 points tonight but not anything to cry about.

But the lack of goals in the league so far has been concerning IMO.

It's disappointing that this takeover rubbish hasn't been sorted out yet.

It's also disappointing, in terms of our lack of numbers.

Nothing Gray can do about that though.  

Guest JonTheOwl66

We scored 3 against county....does that creativity not count?

Different proposition. Lower league quality. Before tonight i wasn't overly concerned but our lack of creativity and finishing capabilities was truly emphasised tonight.

Guest wilyfox

If a prolific striker like May isn't getting a decent sniff at goal, creativity must be a problem. We're flogging Maghoma & Maguire like we did JJ and Antonio in the past. The latter need replacing before the deadline.

Semedo and Coke as the alternative midfield is the worrying thing.

Monday Gray said he was happy with the central midfield. I am sure with lee being now injured, that mind set has to change.

We cannot compete with a midfield of Coke and Semedo. Far too industrious and lacking in real guile and creative application.

Different proposition. Lower league quality. Before tonight i wasn't overly concerned but our lack of creativity and finishing capabilities was truly emphasised tonight.

It's what I said, our strikers are division one, nothing more

I've been to every game so far this season and it's worrying that we're just not working the opposition keeper or creating good chances from open play. OK we made a lot of chances against Notts County which is to be expected, but apart from Coke's out of the blue strike at Brighton we barely had another shot of note, Derby we hit the woodwork and had one off the line from deadballs and the keeper didn't make a save, then tonight we score with a deadball and again created little else. Stats may show we've had a lot of shots in the two league home games, but the vast majority weren't even close to even worrying the keeper.

Need a pacy winger who can cross, and a midfielder who can thread through a killer ball now and again. May seems to take up some decent positions but has only had half chances to feed on so far, but through no real fault of his own the pressure is going to grow on him the longer he goes without a goal.

Guest JonTheOwl66

I know this is a daft comparison, but I've been watching Real Madrid tonight, and at that level there's a lot of passing around, but at the end of it, there's usually a ball into the box.

That's what we need to start doing  Just trying to get it into the box and see if we can work the keeper.

Maghoma didn't know what to do in the final third. May hasn't had a proper chance at goal yet so it's clear we need some attacking zest to come in. TBH we are only 3 quality additions from not needing a takeover. Certainly in terms of finishing 8-12th.

Ok not what we want in the grand scheme of things but a a step in the right direction and progression.

It's always one extreme to another with us. Needing to score 3 to win or relying on a clean sheet.

Although I don't think were totally devoid of creativity were just not taking the chances we do get

A lot of the time we get into goo positions but then the decision making goes to pot. Semedo and maghoma were guilty of this tonight.

I've been to every game so far this season and it's worrying that we're just not working the opposition keeper or creating good chances from open play. OK we made a lot of chances against Notts County which is to be expected, but apart from Coke's out of the blue strike at Brighton we barely had another shot of note, Derby we hit the woodwork and had one off the line from deadballs and the keeper didn't make a save, then tonight we score with a deadball and again created little else. Stats may show we've had a lot of shots in the two league home games, but the vast majority weren't even close to even worrying the keeper.

Need a pacy winger who can cross, and a midfielder who can thread through a killer ball now and again. May seems to take up some decent positions but has only had half chances to feed on so far, but through no real fault of his own the pressure is going to grow on him the longer he goes without a goal.

Against Derby their keeper made a couple of good saves that were on target, from our strikers. If the keeper today had encountered those kinds of shot, I don't think he would have saved them.

God I wish we had somebody like Lampard who would run into the box.