Who went?

Think May lacks an injection of pace to get onto the end of every aimless drill forward, but the boy can move. He's not immobile by any stretch. I just don't think he's the sort of player whose going to beat defenders around the back from through balls or balls over the top.

If we can get balls into the box, of a decent quality, May will get to them I've no doubt about that. He chased down everything he could and never stopped working, but he was badly let down by the service tonight. He must have been the most frustrated man in the ground by Maghoma's decision making tonight.

It's all about the decision making with Helan and Maghoma, pace to burn and can go past 2 or 3 defenders but head seems to go once they've reached penalty area and end up playing wrong ball or end up losing it.

Maghoma seriously frustrated me tonight. He should have had a shot 1 or 2 times and a couple of times he should have picked a pass out.

May impressed even though he was feeding on scraps, ran his bloody socks off.

Gutted for the back four and keeper conceding at the end!

Millwall were good until the final third of the pitch.

We were not at our best, Our defence was outstanding apart from the last minute.

Loovens and Lees look brilliant together. Stevie May worked very hard and just needs something to break for him. The service to him is not good, There was a few instances when he took up great positions but the ball never came in.Nuhiu was poor, nothing stuck and he missed his usual sitter,  Hutch was outstanding and a big miss when he went off, Semedo was well off it , put some good tackles in but his distribution was poor at times. Maghoma does all the hard work but then didn't release the ball.Maguire worked his socks off and wins possession back a lot but his distribution was poor first half.

Guest The Horse

How did we get on then? Solid, a bit languid in the first half.. Some bright moments. No real quality to unlock the defense.
How was stevie may? No clear cut chances. Ran his socks off.
And who stood out? The Ref. Complete stinky flaps.

Yep I went. Thought we edged it. Bar the penalty, westwood didn't have a save to make. I still can't quite grasp how on 94 mins 30 secs the ball was at their corner flag and by 94 mins 50 secs it was in our net. Very frustrating. Also very worrying that 3 games in we appear to have lost our two starting central midfielders, one of whom is our best player.

We were not at our best, Our defence was outstanding apart from the last minute.

Loovens and Lees look brilliant together. Stevie May worked very hard and just needs something to break for him. The service to him is not good, There was a few instances when he took up great positions but the ball never came in.Nuhiu was poor, nothing stuck and he missed his usual sitter,  Hutch was outstanding and a big miss when he went off, Semedo was well off it , put some good tackles in but his distribution was poor at times. Maghoma does all the hard work but then didn't release the ball.Maguire worked his socks off and wins possession back a lot but his distribution was poor first half.

All correct apart from Nuhiu he did ok tonight much better than last season,but i'm starting to sense your not very keen on him.

Grafted but didn't create.

Looked hard working, seems to prefer ball through rather than to feet. Try's to play off the defender a lot, which probably worked well in Scottish leagues because try would make more mistakes.

Defence stood out and looked composed again, but didn't carry through to midfield this time which had a domino effect up front.

I'd pretty much agree with that apart from I believe Nuhiu did a ok given the fact that he wasn't protected at all by the referee and got seven shades kicked out of him - he should have scored that header though. Our midfield is woefully short of creativity. Its painfully obvious that May isn't up to speed with how to the team play and the team isn't up to speed with how May plays.

All correct apart from Nuhiu he did ok tonight much better than last season,but i'm starting to sense your not very keen on him.

The ball never stuck with Nuhiu tonight he was awful. I have never disliked a Wednesday player, But I don;t have the rose tinted specs everyone seems to have just cos he works hard. His hard work is very ineffective cos he is too slow. As an example May and Maguire put real pressure on their defence tonight and forced mistakes, Nuhiu doesn;t.

I just don't think he's the sort of player whose going to beat defenders around the back from through balls or balls over the top.

I think he would.

Just didn't see any through balls or little balls over the top.

Only the massive ones when we launched under pressure from our back line.

In a team with better users of the ball in midfield I can quite easily see how he bagged nearly thirty last season.

Probably worst performance of the season and we leave the game gutted with a draw, so we can't grumble.Can't perform at a high level every game.

Lack of depth became more and more obvious - especially in midfield - but again, the plus side is we've nearly beaten a side that hadn't conceded before today

Can't comment on May when his two games have been against clubs that haven't conceded in the league and we literally haven't given him a single goalscoring opportunity. Lively though; still hopeful. It's not as if we've exactly provided Nuhiu with masses of chances that May could have had either.

Edited by townend_owl

Just got back, im peeved off to be honest, that ref was worse the one on vs Derby. not an excuse though, we didnt play as well as we did on saturday, Nuhiu not as good as satdy but i thought he did ok. Stevie May looked brighter tonight, and certainly put a shift in. seems to be picking the ball up in wide areas all the time, so quite hard to say how he;s coping with this league. Dont get me wrong as the lad is doing ok but aint seen him enough with the ball in central areas.

Holloway being a REYT nob on the touchline when they scored, winding up folk in the south stand, just listening to his interview now and its as if butter wouldnt melt in his mouth - verbally bummmin us. he can do one the tvvat. 

Moved seats this year, dont like it as much higher up as the ref couldnt hear me calling him a vvancer. 

GUTTED GUTTED GUTTED

I think he would.

Just didn't see any through balls or little balls over the top.

Only the MASSIVE ones when we launched under pressure from our back line.

In a team with better users of the ball in midfield I can quite easily see how he bagged nearly thirty last season.

True. There was an instance in the second half where Palmer had the ball in the old inside right position. May had peeled off his marker and was holding the line to stay onside. He was pointing to where he wanted the ball playing in front of him. ( it just needed bending in behind the defenders for May to run onto).It's a ball that Palmer normally plays in well but he chose to play the ball back inside and then we lost momentum as was so often tonight.

True. There was an instance in the second half where Palmer had the ball in the old inside right position. May had peeled off his marker and was holding the line to stay onside. He was pointing to where he wanted the ball playing in front of him. ( it just needed bending in behind the defenders for May to run onto).It's a ball that Palmer normally plays in well but he chose to play the ball back inside and then we lost momentum as was so often tonight.

Remember it.

At the time I was impressed to see a forward player using the old fashioned hand gestures.

Hopefully as they get used to him they will pick him out.

What did you think of Palmer tonight?

I thought they were quite clearly trying to physical him out of the game with those diagonal balls after about 10 minutes in.

Not sure Buxton would have been as easily roughed up.

I suppose its a good sign that we can have something of an off night (comparative of other 3 games) and still be unlucky to draw vs top of league. One thing is for sure, nowt to fear in this league if we can get some depth in our squad to compliment/improve what we already have.