STEVIE MAY

Guest Harry Coy

Writing someone off after two games.

Wow.

Not really, currently, none of our strikers have proved they can do it at this level, doesn't mean to say they won't come good though. At the moment though, none should be starting in a decent championship side, and hopefully won't be when we bring in a striker

Not really, currently, none of our strikers have proved they can do it at this level, doesn't mean to say they won't come good though. At the moment though, none should be starting in a decent championship side, and hopefully won't be when we bring in a striker

Good God!

Jimmy Greaves and Gerd Muller wouldn't have scored tonight with that creative midfield graveyard behind them.

Thirty attempts on goal in two games, Gray wants us to average 15 a game so we are on plan. Our strikers have to do better in front of goal, no excuses

18 of those attempts were at half time with them lads trying to land it in a wheelie bin.

I don't class Maguire launching it 70 yards into the Kop as an attempt. I don't recall their keeper making a save all match. Stats can be very misleading.

Runs around a bit too much for me but probably just keen to impress.

I think there's a key difference between headless running around though and how May played tonight.

Lee Peacock used to run around a lot. Tonight May hassled and harried Millwall all night. Chased down the right balls and the right causes and he forced mistakes from their backline in the right areas.

They won't be coming away from the game tonight thinking they've had an easy game. May's performance will be a big part of that.

If we want him to stop running around so much, we can do that by improving the service. He's quick and agile enough to react to anything that comes in the box, if we give him the chance to with the right service.