Premature promotion thread.

As the title states, this thread is too early- I know.

But if we get a couple of players who can convert draws into wins we could get up this season.

It is the best set of players I have seen since when brunt and whelan were here. Overall better but lacking that bit of class.

I'm very hopeful for this season. All we have to do is replicate the form we showed in two half seasons from the last two years and extend it a little to get into the playoffs. It's totally doable.

It's been done before many times recently. Palace burnley and Blackpool spring to mind. Why not us?

I know people will be itching to slate me for having the thought but it's only a thread on a forum. What do you think our chances are?

Not going to slate you. Premature promotion is no laughing matter. I believe there is a nasal spray you can get now too.

Seriously though, you're not far off. I've been saying for a while we need 3-4 more of similar or better quality and we will be right. Who knows, we might even be up there.

Plenty of teams have gone up to the prem similar to ours - no real big star players but a good team used to each other and a very good team spirit.

I said after Derby we are just a bit of class short. Problem is that bit of class usually costs ££s

Perhaps May will become prolific - there's every chance. Coke looks a better player, Mags also. The defence / keeper looks pretty solid so far.

The foundations are there.

Plenty of teams have gone up to the prem similar to ours - no real big star players but a good team used to each other and a very good team spirit.

I said after Derby we are just a bit of class short. Problem is that bit of class usually costs ££s

Perhaps May will become prolific - there's every chance. Coke looks a better player, Mags also. The defence / keeper looks pretty solid so far.

I'd agree with you, team spirit will take us further than any individual player this season from what I've seen. I'd like to add 2/3 more players but more for the fact that injuries will happen and we will need good quality to cover.

It to premature as we have only played 2 games (league) so let's wait and see at the end of October when we will have a decent idea.

Please let this be the season though.

I think we've seen enough to suggest we can be competitive in mid to upper mid table. Our defence is looking solid and the midfield is better than we've had in a long time.

The biggest threats are injuries and ability to score enough goals. Our squad is very thin and reliant on a few key players. We know we will have to contend with injuries as all clubs do and need more strength in depth. The other big question is whether Nuhiu will start scoring goals to match the rest of his game, and whether May (or Madine) can produce the goods for us at this level on a reasonably consistent basis.

Had to neg you for using "Mags". Soz, but dem's the rules

Guest JonTheOwl66

Premature ejaculation on your mum post.

lol

I'd sooner us not go up frankly. We still need major rebuilding and strengthening before we can even begin to think of competing in the Premier League.

I want our promotion to see us prepared and ready to survive not just a fleeting season.

Edited by JonTheOwl66