TableGazers Thread 2014-2015

*sighs*

That table looks aces.

Give it another 3 games and if nothing much has changed we're clearly in with a shot (of playoffs). What a turnaround.

Looking further down though there's got to be some very unhappy campers:

Brighton

Cardiff

Bolton

Wigan

Derby and Bournemouth I'd dare say too.

But Fulham take the cake. Whooooops!

I don't know whether or not table gazing loses some of it's appeal when we're so high up. How many points off the play-offs we are is an entirely different proposition to how many points clear we are of RelegationZone. I'm obviously very happy about this but also find myself in somewhat of a kerfuffle.

On a separate note, could someone with more time than me find out if we're the best away team in Europe? Reckon we are.

If it helps, we are 7 pts clear of the relegation zone!

I've long since coveted the tablegazing society and feel it's time for me to reveal my love. I'd like to join your merry band of brothers but am aware that I can be a bit of a Jonah when it comes to footy. Every team I decide I would like to win a game normally end up losing. Teams that I like to see losing often pull it back and confound me. I've managed to stop myself tablegazing during games as that is the ultimate jinx for me. Should our form drop from now on I will happily rescind my membership. For now though, that table looks magnificent. I'm only wanting mid table mediocrity nowadays so I'm easily pleased, but nobody can help but marvel at the sheer majesty and beauty of it all.

Edited by latemodelchild

I've long since coveted the tablegazing society and feel it's time for me to reveal my love. I'd like to join your merry band of brothers but am aware that I can be a bit of a Jonah when it comes to footy. Every team I decide I would like to win a game normally end up losing. Teams that I like to see losing often pull it back and confound me. I've managed to stop myself tablegazing during games as that is the ultimate jinx for me. Should our form drop from now on I will happily rescind my membership. For now though, that table looks magnificent. I'm only wanting mid table mediocrity nowadays so I'm easily pleased, but nobody can help but marvel at the sheer majesty and beauty of it all.

I'll second your application   just submit the fee which is at present ( dodgy pictures of yer mrs ) to mr chairman owlsman  and t'secretary Trev 

*sighs*

That table looks aces.

Give it another 3 games and if nothing much has changed we're clearly in with a shot (of playoffs). What a turnaround.

Looking further down though there's got to be some very unhappy campers:

Brighton

Cardiff

Bolton

Wigan

Derby and Bournemouth I'd dare say too.

But Fulham take the cake. Whooooops!

Fulham tho  lol

I'm sure we'll all be happy for you to join our elite band of merry men. Of course the lengthy application process can quickly be sped up by simply providing pictu- the required entry fee. And be warned, if your jinx causes a downturn in form to the detriment of our table gazing, the consequences may be severe.

Not a member, but thought these statistics were interesting

Last season performance first 7 games

P7 W0 D4 L3 F8 A13 Pts 4

Last season performance against the 7 clubs we have played so far

P7 W0 D4 L3 F6 A11 Pts 4

This season

P7 W3 D3 L1 F7 A4 Pts 12

Just 2 goals against from open play this season, we were leaking nearly 2 a game last year.

CoDSW3 - I still haven't quite worked out how, with 15 seconds remaining and the ball with Maguire in our corner, Millwall managed to score and rob us of two points!!!!!!!!!

From what I remember we just looked absolutely knackered. The moment Helan tried to make the tackle too early and slipped over I had a hideous premonition of what was about to happen... Two points dropped don't you know... *grumble *grumble *grumble

I'll second your application   just submit the fee which is at present ( dodgy pictures of yer mrs ) to mr chairman owlsman  and t'secretary Trev 

pics received  council owl won't tell me how to put them on though but says his mate will do it for me ,so with no more ado I shall recommend That our friend latemodelchild should be accepted forthwith ,,

oh and PHWOOOORR

Thanks to t'commitee for keeping this thread updated.

Just back from a disastrous week's fishing break. What could go wrong, went wrong including a fire that destroyed the leisure centre where we stayed, and prevented us from getting back to our accommodation.

Anyways thanks to Gray and the boys for making it look brighter.

The table looks good!