BIGNESS

Guest Cholecysrectomy

Based on season's In top Flight, Cup Wins and season's In Europe. 

Blackburn Rovers

Wolverhampton Wanderers

Bolton Wanderers

Nottingham Forest

Wednesday

Leeds United

Derby County

Birmingham City

Middlesbrough

Ipswich Town

Blackpool

Fulham

Huddersfield Town

Norwich City

Charlton Athletic

Cardiff City

Wigan Athletic

Watford

Brentford

Brighton & Hove Albion

Millwall

Reading

Bournemouth

Rotherham United

Leeds United are only bigger than Wednesday on fanbase. 

Based on season's In top Flight, Cup Wins and season's In Europe. 

Blackburn Rovers

Wolverhampton Wanderers

Bolton Wanderers

Nottingham Forest

Wednesday

Leeds United

Derby County

Birmingham City

Middlesbrough

Ipswich Town

Blackpool

Fulham

Huddersfield Town

Norwich City

Charlton Athletic

Cardiff City

Wigan Athletic

Watford

Brentford

Brighton & Hove Albion

Millwall

Reading

Bournemouth

Rotherham United

Leeds United are only bigger than Wednesday on fanbase. 

A game of two halves.

Before the second world war both Sheffield clubs were amongst the biggest in the country, far bigger than Leeds United. Both, as people now say, "traditionally" big clubs, as were the likes of Huddersfield, PNE and Blackburn Rovers. Sunderland, with six league titles could argue they were the biggest in land.

Since 1946 though and certainly since Don Revie took us from second division struggler's to League champions and European cup finalists, Leeds United would always be classed as one of top ten clubs in the country.

Edited by just visiting

A game of two halves.

Before the second world war both Sheffield clubs were amongst the biggest in the country, far bigger than Leeds United. Both, as people now say, "traditionally" big clubs, as were the likes of Huddersfield, PNE and Blackburn Rovers. Sunderland, with six league titles could argue they were the biggest in land.

Since 1946 though and certainly since Don Revie took us from second division struggler's to League champions and European cup finalists, Leeds United would always be classed as one of top ten clubs in the country.

I don't disagree with that my personal ranking for Leeds would be 10th but you better do something soon because you can't live on the 1970's and the early 90's as neither can we.

My take on the old size of club debate. I feel that success and how large are club

are confused by a lot of people you can be a big club and unsuccessful aka Sunderland (for that last

50 years or so at least) or a relativley small club that has a brief period in the sun.

I feel that the sieze of a club is only determained by the fan base and this only over the clubs

entire history. Anybody can cherrypick sections of a clubs history to prove hoe big or small they are.

Go to NUFC.com the archive section all clubs all time attendance record is there for all

to see. (its right at the bottom of the page) I think that shows exactly where any given

club is in the pecking order.

For the record I'm a Boro fan and we have an all time attendance of about 19,500 thou

placing us 16th in the list of all clubs that are or have played league football

not too shabby for a smalltown club with no history of success. Wednesday avereage just over

21K a few spots abouve us, but given how MASSIVE you not to far ahead.

Good point made by Boro fan. Long term I think that a good average for clubs to aim for is 10% of immediate population. We share 500k with the Blunts and given the sh@te served up since 1999 it is incredible that we are still averaging over 20k. It does make a return to the prem essential though because one club towns like Soton and Leicester could easily be universally rated "bigger" than us in ten years time if we don't get our act together. Before abramivich I think we were "bigger" than Chelsea - investment is totally changing the game and Boro know that with Steve Gibson. I've said elsewhere that the capacity of Hillsboro does not encourage season ticket purchasing. It should be reduced. Regular 30k sell outs would be better than occasional 35k plus games against manure Liverpool and the blunts.

Edited by Rogerwyldesmullet