TOM LEES : Leeds United fans reaction.....is he REALLY that poo poo ?

TOM LEES : REACTION FROM LEEDS UNITED FANS.

Is he really that poo poo ????

I will ask you a question. If one of the worst Sheffield Wednesday players left the club and signed for Leeds united, would you start to stalk all Leeds united forums to tell any Leeds fan willing to listen that they have just signed an absolute poo poo bag of a player ? You would even stalk the twitter accounts and do exactly the same ? Sounds very odd to me does that. If you thought a player was so crap, why would you go to such extremes to let the other team know that you were so happy to be rid of this player ? It doesn't make sense and that is because it's the reverse that is the case here. Fair enough, i am not saying Lees is the next Des Walker, but Leeds fams are pissed off that a decent player with potential, a former captain has gone to a neighbouring club and they don't like it one bit !!

It may be the case that Lees has gone a bit stale, but Leeds united has hardly been the most stable club over the last year. Please don't judge him our 6-0 victory over Leeds, because that can happen to any player. Roger Johnson made his debut for West Ham and i think they got five goals drilled past them, so did that mean that Sir Roger Johnson, the patron saint of defenders at Hillsborough suddenly became poo ? Of course it didn't. Let's give Lees time to settle in and i am sure that he will be a decent player for us and one who will improve with time. He has played over 200 league games and at a decent level. You don't get into Leeds's team on a regular basis if your are poo poo. Owlstalk is in meltdown, convinced that Leeds fans are calling it straight and believing all the crap that have spouted. But it this way, they aren't going to say " Mmm decent signing for you guys is that " are they ? 

Think about it lol....................

I think he had become a bit of a scapegoat. Some Leeds fans were in the camp that would 'blame Tom Lees' after every defeat. Some others saw this as an embarrassing situation. I think the 'blame Tom Lees' thing might have been a bit of a whoosh phenomenon.

Either way, a fresh start and a move away and we'll see what player we have inherited. Good luck to the lad I say. Anyone who pulls on that blue and white shirt should have the full backing and we'll make our own minds up, not be swayed by Leeds fans on the internet. 

Guest UpTheOwlsss

Trust me I've seen tonnes of Leeds fans saying he's good

And I mean lots

A few Leeds comments

'Our best defender for last 2 seasons

and we have let him go for nothing!

'This will come back to haunt us'

'Solid player and sad to see him go'

Just a few of the comments about him

There are still many who dislike him but oh well

I trust that 23 year old player who has already amassed nearly 250 games, mostly at championship level, can't simply be a bad player. Within the past two seasons his talent has also been deemed good enough for him to earn 7 England U21 caps.

He's a championship player, not world class. He will ultimately have his faults. Christ, even the best centre backs have their bad games/run of form.

From what I've heard he's not been the same since Warnock publicly slated his performance. Same happened with Spurr and Megson with us and now Spurr is a fans favourite at Blackburn.

Sometimes a player needs a move. Lees has left the club who he's been with since he was 13...he's serious about not letting his career stagnate.

Lees bad form, I believe, was also related to the defence he was in. He's a young lad still learning with every game, and he's stood in between Byram and Jason Pearce...both still young as well. Little wonder that Leeds conceded so many last season.

Lees next to Loovens, I have a very good feeling it's going to be a great partnership.

I genuinely cannot remember him in our 6-0 thrashing of Leeds (probably a good thing) but I also can't remember him playing other time so haven't a clue. However, looking at the facts:

- named Leeds young player of the season in 2011/2012 season

- has played at least 40 games per season for the past 5 seasons

- past 3 seasons has played at Championship standard and finished mid table (never been threatened by relegation)

- got him for free

- only 23 years old

Hopefully a decent signing and deserves a chance to prove himself. We could have got ourselves a real bargain if it all works out

I trust that 23 year old player who has already amassed nearly 250 games, mostly at championship level, can't simply be a bad player. Within the past two seasons his talent has also been deemed good enough for him to earn 7 England U21 caps.

He's a championship player, not world class. He will ultimately have his faults. Christ, even the best centre backs have their bad games/run of form.

From what I've heard he's not been the same since Warnock publicly slated his performance. Same happened with Spurr and Megson with us and now Spurr is a fans favourite at Blackburn.

Sometimes a player needs a move. Lees has left the club who he's been with since he was 13...he's serious about not letting his career stagnate.

Lees bad form, I believe, was also related to the defence he was in. He's a young lad still learning with every game, and he's stood in between Byram and Jason Pearce...both still young as well. Little wonder that Leeds conceded so many last season.

Lees next to Loovens, I have a very good feeling it's going to be a great partnership.

Very good post.

Tom had gone off the boil at Leeds, think Tommy Spurr but with talent.

I have watched him more than 50 times over the last 3 years and believe me he is a VERY good player and will prove to be a brilliant signing if we can get him back to his best.

Any Leeds fan who is saying he has no talent knows nothing about football.

Top post, couldn't agree more

I read somewhere else an owls fan with Leeds mates, they told him that Lees was their best defender until Warnock took over and he apparently ruined him, so maybe a nurturing manager like SG will bring the best out in him again

Complete and utter rubbish

Your mates can't have season tickets, and watch him regular

He was never a scapegoat by leeds fans, and never was give stick at games,

He just wasn't very good and had a lot of leway because he came through the ranks.

Take it from someone who saw most of his games.

Below average and glad he's gone

Complete and utter rubbish

Your mates can't have season tickets, and watch him regular

He was never a scapegoat by leeds fans, and never was give stick at games,

He just wasn't very good and had a lot of leway because he came through the ranks.

Take it from someone who saw most of his games.

Below average and glad he's gone

How does he compare to the tonne of Italian lower league sh*t you've signed so far this summer?

Guest Big Guns

I genuinely cannot remember him in our 6-0 thrashing of Leeds (probably a good thing) but I also can't remember him playing other time so haven't a clue. However, looking at the facts:

- named Leeds young player of the season in 2011/2012 season

- has played at least 40 games per season for the past 5 seasons

- past 3 seasons has played at Championship standard and finished mid table (never been threatened by relegation)

- got him for free

- only 23 years old

Hopefully a decent signing and deserves a chance to prove himself. We could have got ourselves a real bargain if it all works out

dont forget he played for england under 21s too