Player ratings vs newc

Well I think player ratings are a great way to summarise ones performance on the field, so I definitely believe that providing an analysis on match performances over the course of a season is an effective means of judging the overall form of a player. 

In regards to my opinion on trialists - some work out, most don't. However, the potential to find an hidden gem is always worth pursuing. 

Can't be bothered to do the entire team, but to summarise nobody really did much of note, couldn't see it too well from where I was but their goal looked like slack defending on our part trying to play offside.

Nuhiu was our best player and caused their defence some problems, a couple of solo runs etc. maghoma was also decent.

They were the better side without creating much, we tended to play it long a lot.

We did create 2 great chances though, their keeper pulled off a worldy in the first half from a headed set piece, think it was Madines effort. And we missed an absolute sitter in the 2nd. Betra I think it was, easier to score kind of chance.

Well I think player ratings are a great way to summarise ones performance on the field, so I definitely believe that providing an analysis on match performances over the course of a season is an effective means of judging the overall form of a player.

In regards to my opinion on trialists - some work out, most don't. However, the potential to find an hidden gem is always worth pursuing.

Nice, I like it.

I thought Hutchinson looked good and yes Nuhiu had a decent game. Antonio was OK but mmwas a but greedy. Kirkland literally had one easy catch.

Maguire worked hard as always. Defence looked fairly well organised and communicated well.

I thought it was a decent game which could have gone our way had we taken our chances.

Newcastle were a tidy side but I thought we shaded it especially in first half.

Good turnout by fans and a decent atmosphere for a friendly.

Nuhiu and Hutchinson played well tonight. Thought Madine, Maguire, Maghoma, Palmer, Loovens, Mattock all worked hard but tonight highlighted our real lack of quality imo.

We desperately lacked a clinical finisher as we created 3/4 decent chances and also the service from the midfield was a bit hit and miss. But we didn't deserve to lose, thought we were the better side.

Better team first half, created the better chances. Second half was more subdued but we didn't deserve to lose. Good workout for the players, plenty of positives to take.

Apart from picking the ball out of the net, Kirkland had a quiet night. Back 4 were solid for the most part, unsure on Kelhar whether he deserves a contract. Middle 4 I thought played well, Maghoma especially. Was really impressed with him along with Hutch, unlucky to hit the bar. Antonio looked fired up when he came on but was greedy at times. Nuhiu put in a decent shift. Wasn't that impressed with Madine, even though he forced Elliot into a top save. (Wouldn't have counted anyway) Sub Betra missed a sitter.