biggest ffs wednesday moment

Far too many ffs moments in my 33 years of Wednesdayism, but apart from the 1993 replay the most gutting moment was probably that penalty shootout at Molineux. I was there, and just sat dumbfounded for several minutes after the game unable to believe how we'd lost that. To this day, that remains the only time that I've ever seen any team, anywhere, be 3-0 up in a penalty shootout and fail to win.

Most of the obvious ones covered, but i'll add this one

Taking a day off work to go to Plymouth away on a Tuesday night, got to the ground to find out we had Jon Shaw up front on his own. We didn't even have a shot and we lost 2-0 and I got home at 04:45. Was up for work at 07:30!!

Chris Woods' last minute flap hurt the most, but that's already been well covered.

Next in line for me has to be our relegation against Palace. The combination of relegation to League 1, Leon Clarke breaking his toe moments after getting us back in the game and Wednesday 'fans' invading the pitch to have a pop at Palace players all being broadcast live on BBC1 was a bit of a downer.

Most of the obvious ones covered, but i'll add this one

Taking a day off work to go to Plymouth away on a Tuesday night, got to the ground to find out we had Jon Shaw up front on his own. We didn't even have a shot and we lost 2-0 and I got home at 04:45. Was up for work at 07:30!!

That was my first away match, aged 8.

It made me wonder what the big fuss about away matches were. I was bored stiff.

Just remembered the biggest ffs moment from my early years, the FA Cup semi final at Highbury in 1983.

Everything was going for us in the cup that year, despite being drawn away in every round, and it seemed that it really was our year. Even though we were in the second division and Brighton were in the first. albeit about to be relegated, we were favourites and it felt like nobody even considered the possibility of losing and everybody was talking about Wembley. Wednesday fans just took over North London, I still remember being in a beer garden of a pub in Cockfosters and my Dad falling backwards over a bench with two full pints in his hands and he barely spilt a drop. And then we just never performed in the game, I was in the main stand level with the goal at the clock end and still clearly remember that split second when Case's free kick hit the bar and bounced down just over the line thinking "that's over the line, I hope nobody's seen it". When Mirocevic equalised he ran straight over to us, a great moment, and then it looked like there was only one winner until Brighton broke away and scored the winner against the run of play. To this day, I hate Brighton, Steve Foster, and Jimmy Melia for his stupid shoes and dance at the end.

As Fatty Arbuckle Leon Clarke limped off having kicking the boards after scoring against the pigs, I'm fairly sure there was a collective "FFS" in the crowd

And Steve Morrow  :dry: I was 9 and he made me cry. The ladyflaps

I remember us being in control of the penalty shoot out, I forgot/never realised we were 3-0 up. I bet your right how many teams can lose a shoot out from that position.

Remember Waddle walking up.......you just knew he'd miss.

But that Pressman pen is still the finest pen ive ever seen. Pick that out !!!!!!!!

Pigs v Huddersfield in playoff final

a bit of cheer in a glum thread

As Fatty Arbuckle Leon Clarke limped off having kicking the boards after scoring against the pigs, I'm fairly sure there was a collective "FFS" in the crowd

And Steve Morrow :dry: I was 9 and he made me cry. The ladyflaps

He did that against Palace on last day

Man City all those years ago, when they even tried to throw the game, FFS.

It has to be the ball slipping under Gerry Youngs foot and Mike Trebilko running on to slot past Ron Springett.

We didn't deserve that, not Gerry Young, Not the team, not Alan Brown, not the fans... 48 years on it still brings a lump in my throat.

If any one thing hardened my commitment to Wednesday that was it !

These two by a country mile for me. Probably because I've become hardened to it since!

Edited by lesbarbeux