biggest ffs wednesday moment

Swindon away on a cold Tuesday night. Might have been around the end of the Turner era. 2 up with 10 ish left. Lost 3-2. Seems to have happened a lot this.

Colchester at home first game of the season when Turner had signed about 300 players. Loads of hope and we lost 3 nil.

Geoff Sheard in the Yorkshire Post. Aerialgate.

That goal against Ipswich (?) a couple of seasons ago when we tried to play the offside trap in their half then just stood with hands in the air for ten minutes while 3 of their men passed it into the net.

Kim Olsen.

Swindon away was when Sturrock was in charge I think.

Couldn't believe my eyes though. Even with Tidman in net I thought we couldn't balls it up that much.

Swindons goal music haunts me to this day...

heard about this mal and wonded if it was true. Who was man city trying to send

Down to do that to keep us up.

i think it was because they had a Cup Winners Cup final not far away.

But the team, to a man did not try to win or draw that match.

The substitute Bowyer is another thing though, they either didn't tell him the script, or he was a consummate professional, or playing for his place.

After a really, really stupid foul on Sumerbee i think it was, he/they thought flip it.

If there is a video of the penalty they missed, the keeper could have gone for a coffee, come back and it still would not have reached the net.

Guest 5512uto

Throwing it away against Huddersfield in the 4-4 was infuriating, pushing di canio out the door even more so but it's probably all the off the field bullshit that's been the most annoying

heard about this mal and wonded if it was true. Who was man city trying to send

Down to do that to keep us up.

It was bad enough this game but then some City two hat nicked me scarf from round me neck as we came out of the Kop onto the street.

I don't think City tried to throw the game as such...just that their hearts weren't in it having their minds on their big final in Europe the week after, most of their players didn't fancy getting injured & played at half pace...what a pity Boyer came on, he wasn't a regular starter & was probably trying to impress & playing for a spot in the final.

On a side note, I lost my shoe in the crowd surge when Coleman scored & never found it again, me mum went mental when I got home but sort of calmed down when she saw how upset I was over the game.

It was bad enough this game but then some City two hat nicked me scarf from round me neck as we came out of the Kop onto the street.

I don't think City tried to throw the game as such...just that their hearts weren't in it having their minds on their big final in Europe the week after, most of their players didn't fancy getting injured & played at half pace...what a pity Boyer came on, he wasn't a regular starter & was probably trying to impress & playing for a spot in the final.

On a side note, I lost my shoe in the crowd surge when Coleman scored & never found it again, me mum went mental when I got home but sort of calmed down when she saw how upset I was over the game.

I lost both my shoes at Anfield when we won 2 nil, I think Varadi got both. Beautiful pair of white loafers. Any wonder I dislike Scousers.

Russian Warship.... Go fxxk yourselves.

I lost both my shoes at Anfield when we won 2 nil, I think Varadi got both. Beautiful pair of white loafers. Any wonder I dislike Scousers.

attachicon.gifmen-s-genuine-leather-casual-loafers-driving.jpg

Did Varadi give you your shoes back?

Remember when Tottenham were coming with Klinnsmann for the first game of the season and someone had all those cards printed with the diving scores? Well didnt Mr Richards instruct all stewards to stop them being brought in?

Another one was after the Man City game in 1994 when we drew 1-1. It soon dawned on the crowd after checking the incoming results that the blunts had been relegated which saw Wednesday and City fans celebrate this. Peter Grant who was the announcer at the time who also worked Radio Hallam really upset Francis by mocking this fact that the blunts had been relegated and subsequently had him removed from his post. We then ended up with Robert Jackson and his half time ramblings which would see him read every frigging half time score out including the Scottish Highland leagues.

the one that rankles with me was the penalty shoot out at wolves .....to lose a shootout when 3-0 up in it takes some doing .7 penalties in row went against us and andy pearce laughing as he walked back to the centre circle after his stupid little dink went over the crossbar put the tin lid on it for me .