Lineup vs Newcastle and Score Predictions

Well I live near Newcastle, so this is the biggest game of the year for me as this is my bragging rights until we play them next, can't stand the smug Geordies, they think that they invented football!

Impossible!!! Everyone knows Sheffield Utd invented everything to do with football.  :tango:

I reckon Gray will go with a  4231 system for this friendly at home.

Starting 11:

Kirkland

Palmer   Loovens     Dejan   Mattock

Hutchinson  Coke 

Antonio          Maguire     Maghoma

Nuhiu

Subs: Wildsmith, Zayatte, Sanders, Floro, Corry, McCabe, Madine

Available for selection: Young, Stobbs, Betra, Dieseruvwe, 

Suspensions: Nil

Injured: Westwood, Buxton, Helan, Lee, Semedo, Lavery

Out on loan: Nil

Live match commentary will be available on WP according to the official site.   

Its going to be a very tough game against premiership opposition as well as having potentially 6 first team players out of action.

I'm predicting a 2-1 loss, Maguire scoring for us.  i'm hoping we can get a positive result though.  

Its when you put it like that our bench looks dreadful

Edited by ddesay1

Injury predictions? lol

Yep, lol, looks spot on to me.

On the team news front, Gray has confirmed that trialist Dejan Kelhar will make his third appearance of the summer, lining up alongside Glenn Loovens in the heart of the Owls’ backline. 

Meanwhile, Wednesday have several injury concerns that will shape the look of the squad for the Toon test. 

Gray added: “Kelhar will be playing tomorrow night alongside Glenn Loovens and it will be a chance for him to play in front of the Sheffield Wednesday fans. We will sit down and have a chat after the game. 

“Lavery has got a cruciate injury, hopefully it won’t require surgery but he’s going to be out for a couple of months. 

“Keiren Westwood has tweaked a knee cartilage, Jeremy Helan has a slight tear in a muscle, so he will miss Wednesday and Saturday. 

“Kieran Lee will hopefully be back available for Barnsley on Saturday.

Read more at http://www.swfc.co.uk/news/article/owls-look-forward-to-magpies-test-1790570.aspx#Pjt8O4fGzS87Dpmx.99