First 5 Games

As things stand, can't see much of a points return from the first five games. Given our scarce resources and the amount of games we could be playing in August, a weakened side and an embarrassing defeat in the cup awaits. Could be a mirror image of last seasons start.

Should be a time when we are full of optimism, but the takeover problems and lack of signings means most expect another struggle and therefore are negative - and rightly so.

Reminds me of when we should have kicked on after the feel-good factor of promotion a couple of years ago - we f*cked that up too.

With Sheffield Wednesday, always expect the worst - you'll never be disappointed, and (very) occasionally pleasantly surprised.

What a sad state of affairs when our fans are this negative before the season even starts.

I’d say realistic not negative 

What tosh! If we go in cowering we should expect to be trounced.

It is almost entirely down to whether show up for the season with a solid defence or not. If it's going to be a continuation of how we finished last season we will struggle. If we can get a solid shape we will be fine because with Maguire, Lee, Antonio's pace/power, improving Nuhiu/Maghoma we will score goals.

I really would like us formally switching to 4-2-3-1. Hutchinson could be the key as a defensive midfielder. He was very effective there for us, sweeping up in front of the back four.

We only managed 3 points from the 5 equivalent games last season, can't see us getting many more this season. Depends if Millwall bring their own ref again, and if we manage to stay awake through the Billy Davis blatant time wasting legacy at Derby and Forest.

Guest JonTheOwl66

JTO

Are you surprised ?

We would all like to see at least 7 points but unlikely with the current squad.

Perhaps MH wants an excuse to sack SG ??

I'm not surprised at all.

I don't think anyone is truly positive about this upcoming season. I'm looking forward to it kicking off, but not positive about how it will go.

What a sad state of affairs when our fans are this negative before the season even starts.

It's traditionally an exciting time with fans looking forward to the new season with hope and optimism. Either on the back of a promotion, or following a strong finish to the season. Bolstered by potentially exciting new signings, we hope to start the campaign with a bang, believing, this could be our year. That's how it should be for football fans, sadly none of those things apply to us. We are in total limbo, with our current owners not prepared to invest, and potential new owners still far enough away from a deal, that they too, won't invest So with no new players, on the back of a dismal end to the season, and seemingly, the sole ambition of hanging in there until help arrives, why would we be enthusiastic?

It’s a tricky start. It’s not inconceivable to think all those sides bar Millwall could be top six this season. If you compare our record against the top six and bottom six last season, I’d bet we were better against the former. On that basis I wouldn’t be surprised if we beat Brighton and Derby and lost against Millwall.

Guest wilyfox

Hard to predict a decent haul with our shallow squad facing 4 games in the opening 10 days. We're not ready for that.