Best and Worst Transfers we've ever made

Guest Mancunian_Owl

Darren Wood cost about 400K which was quite a lot at the time and was awful.......a Eustace masterstroke !

Also around that time Ian Cranson and Garry Thomson cost good money and did sweet FA , but Varadi , Madden , Lyons , Shelton and Bannister were all cracking signings

I'll have some of that sweet, sweeeet humble pie please:

http://www.examiner.co.uk/sport/football/news/huddersfield-town-greats-andy-booth-7449427

"In the latter stages of 2000/2001, Town called on Booth to rid them of their struggles at the bottom of Division One by forking out £200,000 on their former player."

Yeah fair one.

But no one likes a smug cnut lol

Guest Mancunian_Owl

Yeah fair one.

But no one likes a smug cnut lol

I'm only pushing for it as it won't be long till I predict another Lita Transfer and have to call it to someone like ReadingOwl again.

It's rare I'm right so I'm basking in it whilst I can.  :danny-wilson:

Guest sotonowl

If memory serves me right, Jim McCalliog £37.5K, Big John Ritchie £70K, Tommy Craig £100K, David Hirst £250 K

on the flip side, Jeffers has to be up there doesn't he. 

thought Rudi was a bargin compared to the rest we were shipping in. how much was Hinchcliffe?

I don't like looking things up so stand corrected if this isn't true but didn't we sign Rudi for 3mil from FC Molde then gave him back to same club for free before bosman ?

DeBilde was right cnut, but his 10 goals for team relegated from The Premiership doesnt sound that bad. His lack of loyalty, that cost us recuperating most of money we spent on him is what makes him one of our worst ever transfers.

The Thome Fiasco in terms of us flogging him to Chelsea a third cheaper than they have offered 2 months previously rankles.

On the other hand he came for nothing and went to £m's so not too bad in the big scheme I suppose.

I think we all had high hopes for De Bilde. An International, decent goals record, a nickname of 'The Animal'.

Sadly the most effort he ever put in was trying to get his dogs a babysitter.