Best and Worst Transfers we've ever made

Guest Mancunian_Owl

Guest BirdonaMaguire

Blinker was decent in terms of fees, cost 200k and valued at 1.5m to Celtic.

I still shudder that we spent 800k on Atherton, 1.5m on Nolan and any fee on Scott Oakes

I still shudder that we spent 800k on Atherton, 1.5m on Nolan and any fee on Scott Oakes

I thought we paid 600k for Atherton, he wasn't the worlds greatest player but I always thought he gave us 100% every game. 

I can remember when he man marked Steve McManaman out of game when we won 1-0 at Anfield.

Edited by bradowl

Guest Steve French

I've got an Oakes match worn shirt. Worthless. Got a Lee Briscoe England (youth) match work shirt. Worthless. I always seem to obtain worthless kak. On a positive slant, got loads of dusters.

Guest BirdonaMaguire

I thought we paid 600k for Atherton, he wasn't the worlds greatest player but I always thought he gave us 100% every game.

I can remember when he man marked Steve McManaman out of game when we won 1-0 at Anfield.

It was deffo 800k.

I thought he was chuffing awful, a trier yes but utter cack, signed to replace Roly or Pearson, depending on you point of view, poo captain too.

I remember that game like it was yesterday.

I always thought Atherton was pretty solid when I was a kid.

Guest Mancunian_Owl

In the modern era (post Prem Relegation) I would say 

Best: Maclean 20 Goal Striker who cost bob all

Worst: De Bilde, we were struggling and bringing that idiot in just sped up our demise

In the Prem Days:

Best: Des Walker, seemed a gamble at the time but paid off massively

Worst: Di Canio, yeah alright good footballer but him and Carbone ripped the heart out of the team and we ended up shipping Hirsty off for £2million to try and keep them happy. I know a lot look back at the skills they brought, but we lost a lot more in team work when we signed them two.

It was deffo 800k.

I thought he was chuffing awful, a trier yes but utter cack, signed to replace Roly or Pearson, depending on you point of view, poo captain too.

a bloke who plays over 300 prem games gets voted player of the year for 3 different clubs including twice for us as to have a bit more about him than" utter cack" but if thats your opinion then fair enough ....

Francis, Anderson and Thome were all freebie Atkinson signings. Good bits of business.

Worst.

I don't recall what we [aid for De Bilde , but if he'd cost the price of a first class stamp it would have been too much.

Think it was 3 million for De Bilde and 2million for Sibon.  

I remember De Bilde hitting the crossbar on his debut then it all went downhill from there.  Another player we let go for nothing.