Newcastle friendly boozer for the game Wednesday

Guest MrV

I thought you had to be a member to get in Park Hotel. Got turned away once after a low key friendly as i was not a match day member. Thought stuff you then and never been back.

I went in before the Rangers game last year so I thought friendlies were ok.

Guest HighGreen_Owl

More bothered about them being Hallam than Geordie.

Nothing wrong with Hallam people  :tango:  Got my tickets today South Stand for me #WAWAW

Guest Steve French

£15, bit steep for a friendly but its footballs way to fleece fans at every turn these days.

My neighbour has a family of Geordies down who apparently were told they had to pay to become members (£30 each?) plus the £15 for a ticket on top to get a ticket for their allocation.

They have asked me to bring em along if they can pay on the day but I'm wary with them being very Geordie and having a 14 year old lass with em.

If they're OK Geordies, they'll be fine most anywhere. 99% of people are decent so long as you are  decent with them. Nobody but a psychopath turns on  you because of your accent or your scarf and the psychos seem to be fewer in numbers by far these days. (Said he, recalling more than a couple of bowel melting encounters in Liverpoo and Birmingeham.) But if your of a nervous type then a bottle or two of White Lightning on a bench in Hillborough Park could be the answer :biggrin:

Guest Steve French

If they're OK Geordies, they'll be fine most anywhere. 99% of people are decent so long as you are decent with them. Nobody but a psychopath turns on you because of your accent or your scarf and the psychos seem to be fewer in numbers by far these days. (Said he, recalling more than a couple of bowel melting encounters in Liverpoo and Birmingeham.) But if your of a nervous type then a bottle or two of White Lightning on a bench in Hillborough Park could be the answer :biggrin:

Was more worried about one of our lot tryin to dip the young lass and a shirtless Geordie taking exception.

lol

Edited by Blunkett Hound