Wage Bill

It's gonna be the highest after the takeover.

A mate of mine bumped into Stuart Gray in Aldi.

He told my mate who we were signing and what wages they will be on.

I've heard it will be comparable to the top 4 in the premier League

Guest 5512uto

The signing of a presumably 2nd choice keeper on what I imagine will be fairly high wages and the talk surrounding the takeover would suggest there were plans to increase the wage bill by a fair amount, but I'd guess its lower now than last season, which is a bit worrying. Maybe we were planning on bringing COG back and have kept enough wages free

i would have thought taylor,gardner and jj leaving would lighten the load on the wage bill.

i think we're trying to be astute in the transfer market, if we play it right we could get some decent players in on ok wages before the start of the season. plenty of free agents and comings and goings, freeing up squad players.

of course it could always go boobies up but if the takeover gets finalised before january hopefully then mr.mammadov can invest in us

Yes I understand why it's happening, it's how long it takes for the deal to be done that would be a concern. If it can be sorted, signed and sealed within the next couple of weeks, we should be OK. If it drags on indefinitely, then we will need to take the brake off. We are probably, what, about 6 weeks behind other teams not embroiled in takeover talks? As I said, if it's resolved positively, and quickly, then great. A further protracted period of negotiation, followed by the deal falling through, and we'd have a problem. Not an insurmountable one, but a problem nevertheless. I'm not unduly worried at the moment, but if it's not done and dusted by the time we play Brighton, I'll start to worry.

i very much doubt this is far from what we've seen before...

my belief is that it seems every year we've had something crop up that's badly stalled us in the t/f market at this time of the season...

and as we don the steel helmets and start filling sand bags...

milan coughs up enough readies to secure some decent loan signings (and some tripe ones too)...

Its because SG won't be in the job come the end of August.

Well that a my view.

I'd guess money will then be available for his successor.

although what you've posted (i believe to be unlikely)...

i only think you have the timing wrong, and not the scenario... :st2:   

MM tells us what we want to hear.

Then does the cheapest option available.

He owns us therefore he can do what he pleases.

He was 100% pro active to get us out of league one, he seems to be doing the bare minimum to keep us in the championship.

Sums it up beautifully