Season ticket sales down?

I feel sorry for you boys, the week in week out brigade going through blind loyalty being served up dogger.

It's all about being a part timer nowadays, also add in the fact that away games are miles better.

I'm one of these blind loyalty brigade, this will be my 26th year on the trot. I'm beyond help now, so i'll just get a season ticket regardless.

I can't see what the club does to entice the 1000's of other supporters we have to seriously think about buying a season ticket.

In fact they seem to do as much as possible to put you off.

To those that go but don't have a season ticket what would make you get one? Is it purely cost?

I wonder if the price rise has put people off a bit?

Am I not correct in thinking that anyone who renewed before the deadline paid the same price as last season?

In any case, do your mathematics! If. like me, you cannot attend every home game and have to miss the odd game, usually the midweek ones, it's still cheaper to buy a ST than pay on the gate.

As regards the price, it's no use people complaining about the increase in price whilst bemoaning the lack of activity in the transfer market. If the supporters don't, or won't pay the price, where is the money coming from to meet the cost. It is, after all, a business!   

I'm one of these blind loyalty brigade, this will be my 26th year on the trot. I'm beyond help now, so i'll just get a season ticket regardless.

I can't see what the club does to entice the 1000's of other supporters we have to seriously think about buying a season ticket.

To those that go but don't have a season ticket what would make you get one? Is it purely cost?

Cost is a factor but there also has to be some potential to achieve something, which means a team that has a chance of going up the table, which then makes it more appealing & entertaining to watch. Ultimately, getting into the PL, where you get to play some of the best teams in europe, bigger crowds, large cash payments from tv etc, which, if used properly, can lead to continued success. I admire the renew regardless supporters, but the huge potential is there for all to see, & to increase & progress everything about the club. Does HM have this vision? Only time will tell.

I did consider getting one this season but the figures don't really add up for me. There are a couple of guys I know, one in Spain, who have both got season tickets even though the distance would probably mean that they would be better off paying on the gate. I admire them, they do it because they can get away tickets, and not least, because they can afford it.

Guest Fedor

Am I not correct in thinking that anyone who renewed before the deadline paid the same price as last season? In any case, do your mathematics! If. like me, you cannot attend every home game and have to miss the odd game, usually the midweek ones, it's still cheaper to buy a ST than pay on the gate. As regards the price, it's no use people complaining about the increase in price whilst bemoaning the lack of activity in the transfer market. If the supporters don't, or won't pay the price, where is the money coming from to meet the cost. It is, after all, a business!

It's not a very well run business at the minute is it?

The commercial side is absolutely shambolic.

No kits to sell, the ones that have been sold are of poor quality.

No shorts yet not even for the first team.

No away kit.

Don't even get me started on the megastore.

Not renewed for the first time in 15 years.

Got erno junior on the way so need the cash, but to be honest, I was happy to have an excuse to drop out for a bit.

Fickle, but if we have a good season and look like doing something, then I'll probably get one for the second half.

Chances are I'll go to a handful of games while we struggle though.

It's not a very well run business at the minute is it?

The commercial side is absolutely shambolic.

No kits to sell, the ones that have been sold are of poor quality.

No shorts yet not even for the first team.

No away kit.

Don't even get me started on the megastore.

The most concerning thing is that this has been a problem for years and every new incumbent at the club has identified the importance of this and the need for improvement and yet if anything our commercial exploits seem to be getting worse.

It looks like the issue has been addressed and the method the club is using to make our merchandising more profitable is to spend less as the loyal supporters will buy as they always do regardless of quality rather than spending a bit more and improving the quality to attract more sales.

Honestly i suspect the raw number show a reduction in season ticket sales due to the under 8 free being chargeable for all this season. It will put a lot of people off who probably secured the seat and took the little on the odd occasion -  i know 2 lads who took the free option last year who had no inteniton of taking the little ones at all, and this year have not renewed the junior season ticket due to the charge. 

I have paid 2 running (last year purchased on line so wasn't free) but the last and this season the little one is/will be going regular, where as the first few season when free they never went.

However the ones renewing are now paying so i suspect from a cash pioint of view we are up or level pegging with last year season ticket take even when you take in to account natural attrition

Edited by dowls

If I'm not working Saturday's then I'll more than likely watch us wherever we are playing should tickets be availible, shame I work 1 or 2 Saturday's a month, otherwise I'd get one