Hold Steady!

This is not the time to clamour for new signings!

For the first time in years we will truly be able to compete in this league.

We will be in a position soon to go for players of a standard not seen at Wednesday for years!

I for one am glad we aren't signing anyone till the takeover is complete!

SG will look after things till the green light then!!?................ :mama:

Guest timrud

I just think people like to have a moan and bring positive people down.

If the statement said the takeover was off then the doom merchants could of said 'I told you so'.

As things stand the takeover is still on. It might take a bit longer. At least it is happening. If we had a time machine and we could fly back for 6 minutes, people would realise things are so much better now.

Only problem with that theory is this means the takeover has to go through between now and September 1st.  And in good time of that to get anyone on board of any standard based on the fact that so many of the big catches will have been picked up.

Guest timrud

If we don't get players now, we can bag them at Christmas.

At least the takeover is happening.

The worst case scenario is we are financially as we were last season for the short term. Compared to a few years ago when we were out of business if we didn't get the deal finalised.

I agree with the OP.

I doubt we'll be as competitive to push for PL like was mentioned at the original takeover statement. I think we'll start to show serious progress this term, but it may come during the second half of the season.

Yes we're a bit short on the playing staff front but we've got rid of a lot of high earners and dead wood so we're in a great position to strengthen whilst keeping the squad at a good level. It may be uncomfortable for some between now and the end of August but there are shoots of optimism...surely?!

Takeover or not, we haven't strengthened from last season. At best, we are about the same.

We can't afford a nightmare start again. We've got away with it twice thanks to some unbelievable good runs where we overachieved. Can't gamble on that again.

Quite a few players who are out of contract will be starting to get worried soon.

They'll have been wanting and expecting a big pay day but now we're a couple of weeks away from start of season we could pick a bargain up.

The only issue is that we are notoriously poo poo for the first half of the season then pull it out of the bag second half. I don't want that scenario again as we might not get away with it 3rd time around. If everyone appears so confident that there will not be an issue with the takeover going through, why can't Mamma inject some cash now, I am sure other owners not yet in power have done that at other clubs?

What's the rush for players we have a competitive squad now and we can add loans after deadline so what's with the big flipping hoorah about.

Serious question and I don't want to be contentious.....

But what makes you think we now have a competitive squad after releasing so many players and the only new player over last seasons squad being a goal keeper ?

Quite a few players who are out of contract will be starting to get worried soon.

They'll have been wanting and expecting a big pay day but now we're a couple of weeks away from start of season we could pick a bargain up.

I hope so, it's a high risk strategy and we all know Milan and PA are masters at it... I just hope the takeover dun't detract from it..

Get your heads out of your arses.

2 weeks away from the start if the season and were a hell of a lot worse off than we were at the end of last season where coincidentally we won only 1 from our last 8.

As it stands on paper we've got one of the 5 worst sides in the division. I for one am sick of us giving teams a 10 game head start before we win a game.

Another pathetic transfer window, shipping goals left right and centre.

But yeah “we can strengthen at Christmas" oreyt then.

Get your heads out of your arses.

2 weeks away from the start if the season and were a hell of a lot worse off than we were at the end of last season where coincidentally we won only 1 from our last 8.

As it stands on paper we've got one of the 5 worst sides in the division. I for one am sick of us giving teams a 10 game head start before we win a game.

Another pathetic transfer window, shipping goals left right and centre.

But yeah “we can strengthen at Christmas" oreyt then.

You mad bro?