Relegation certainties..

Apologies, you did indeed say, the basis of a good side. As for Bifoumi, I've seen him play in La Liga in a more central role, but I reckon he'd be good for us in a wide attacking role He's certainly more than a winger wouldn't you say?

I don't think he has the defensive will to play out ride. He would leave his full back horribly exposed.

He is probably best playing in behind the forward and given that "free reign" where he perhaps doesn't have to do as much defending.

I think he can be a good player - just at the moment he's a bit raw and erratic.

Last season we started with a eleven of; Kirkland, Gardner, Zayatte, Mattock, Palmer, J Johnson, Prutton, Coke, Nuhiu, Antonio,Helan. I'm pretty confident our starting line up against Brighton will be stronger than that. Yeah, the squad is thin but we're not going to be making a lot of signings until the take over is complete, we've also been very reliant on the loan market in recent years, and I'd imagine that'll still be the case this season. What we've got now isnt that bad, and will improve. We'll be mid-table I think. A few good loan signings and luck with injuries we could push for the play-offs, some flops like Bothroyd and bad luck with injuries we might be in the relegation scrap though.

Guest _Ibbo_

Last season we started with a eleven of; Kirkland, Gardner, Zayatte, Mattock, Palmer, J Johnson, Prutton, Coke, Nuhiu, Antonio,Helan. I'm pretty confident our starting line up against Brighton will be stronger than that. Yeah, the squad is thin but we're not going to be making a lot of signings until the take over is complete, we've also been very reliant on the loan market in recent years, and I'd imagine that'll still be the case this season. What we've got now isnt that bad, and will improve. We'll be mid-table I think. A few good loan signings and luck with injuries we could push for the play-offs, some flops like Bothroyd and bad luck with injuries we might be in the relegation scrap though.

Christ were MILES better than that now.....

Christ were MILES better than that now.....

Compare the likely line ups, there isn't much in it The back five would be pretty similar, ditto the attacking players. The only area where we are a bit stronger is in the midfield holding area. Probably a slightly stronger bench as well, but that's about it.

I agree, no way will we go down even with the current squad, we have too many pessimists on this forum. There are some poor teams in this division.

Yes... Again I point to Burnley who lost one of their two star strikers to Qpr before the start of last season and had an incredibly thin budget and squad for the majority of last season. We may not have a great deal of time to make some permanent signings but will still have time to get some good loan signings in. I can see January being a huge month for this club if we get hold close to the top half of the table up until then.

Bullshine. We have a much better squad than we started last season so how can we be relegation certainties?

Get a flippinggrip FFS

LoF

Wouldn't say its 'much' better to be fair... Wont go down but as usual we will start off poorly due to a shocking summer of transfer activity.

Guest Fedor

Say what you like - I disagree and I would say you are probably one of the people I talk about who spend too much time on Owlstalk opposed to engaging in real life.

So you think we have pace up front and at the back?

I think you should try engaging in reality.

Why is our squad better now than at this stage last season or when last season began....bar the goalkeeping department??

We started with a midfield of JJ, Prutton, Coke and Helan! Mr inconsistent, 2 league 1 players and a left back across the middle. Comfortably the worst midfield in the league.

Edited by IstillhateSteveBould

To say we are relegation certainties I simply ridiculous

To be fair, if we are talking, as of now, yes there is a good chance that this squad would be relegated. It's a tough division, and with a weaker squad than the one that finished the season in not particularly impressive form, why wouldn't we struggle.

Do I think we will be relegated? No, it would be highly unlikely, as we are either going to be financed properly following the takeover, or Milan will do what he's always done, and that is sanction enough quality loans to keep us up.