Relegation certainties..

Pretty sure we have sold less season tickets than last year

One thing SWFC has been good at over the years is telling tall tales to try and get more bums on seats.   I don't imagine that will ever change.

I just wish they could be a bit more creative about it, rather than trying to time everything to give the impression that "now" is the time you need to renew.

We have the basis of a decent team.We could stay up with what we have.

Takeover or no takeover we'll eventually bring in a few players that will improve us.

Either way we are definitely not relegation certs.

Christ it has gone mental on here lol

Guest Fedor

I wouldn't suggest I am a clapper either, but I just don't see what these doom and gloom merchants are looking at with our current squad.    We lack depth, but we don't lack quality, we don't lack speed, we even have a bit of experience mixed in. Some people want to look back at some of the suprise packages of recent seasons and realise we have a better squad of individuals.   All that is needed is a bit of luck and some good coaching. If and when the added bit of quality comes, what will people have to whinge about then, because I know that they will whinge, regardless.

Guest Fedor

I wouldn't suggest I am a clapper either, but I just don't see what these doom and gloom merchants are looking at with our current squad.    We lack depth, but we don't lack quality, we don't lack speed, we even have a bit of experience mixed in. Some people want to look back at some of the suprise packages of recent seasons and realise we have a better squad of individuals.   All that is needed is a bit of luck and some good coaching. If and when the added bit of quality comes, what will people have to whinge about then, because I know that they will whinge, regardless.

We have no speed up front. We look like starting with Madine and Nuhiu, no speed no quality.

Lavery looks like a quality finisher but he doesn't have great pace and his all round game needs to come on in leaps and bounds if he is to play up front.

Wheres the speed at the back, we have one decent centre half who is not very quick.

I'd say you are a clapper.

You'll be comfortable again.

You have the basis of a solid side - it just needs extra additions to support it.

No doubt the club, at the moment with the takeover not yet complete and waiting for use of the loan market again. A loan market Wednesday have utilised very well in the last couple of the seasons.

The takeover will be sorted when it happens - those things do not have a time limit.

You'll be comfortable again.

You have the basis of a solid side - it just needs extra additions to support it.

No doubt the club, at the moment with the takeover not yet complete and waiting for use of the loan market again. A loan market Wednesday have utilised very well in the last couple of the seasons.

The takeover will be sorted when it happens - those things do not have a time limit.

Nice of you to say so Liam, though I would take issue that we have a solid side, without the loanees, far from it. Before the loanees came in we struggled, and we struggled again when they left. We have some good young players who we hope will improve but the side needs a real injection of quality. Liam, on another matter. The lad you had from Espanyol, Bifoumi, what was he like? I saw him on TV a few times and he looked pretty decent. There's a rumour in Spain that he's being chased by a handful of championship clubs. Post takeover, we could be one of them, though I think Watford are favourites

We need a solid start to the season as we've played catch up the previous 2 seasons.

Looking at the squad we have, it's no where near good enough to challenge for the play offs. Mid table finish at best. We'll continue to be like this unless we sign a bit of quality.

Nice of you to say so Liam, though I would take issue that we have a solid side, without the loanees, far from it. Before the loanees came in we struggled, and we struggled again when they left. We have some good young players who we hope will improve but the side needs a real injection of quality. Liam, on another matter. The lad you had from Espanyol, Bifoumi, what was he like? I saw him on TV a few times and he looked pretty decent. There's a rumour in Spain that he's being chased by a handful of championship clubs. Post takeover, we could be one of them, though I think Watford are favourites

I didn't say you had a solid side - I said you had the basis of a solid side.

Both goalkeepers, Buxton, Loovens, Semedo, Lee, Hutchinson, Maguire, Nuhiu - and then you have competent players such as Helan, Lavery, Maghoma, young Palmer.

There is no doubting that the squad needs adding too. And it needs depth. But Wednesday are good at utilsing the loan market and I expect that to be used to full effect until the takeover is finally ratified.

As for Thievy - he's a mixed bunch and certainly wasn't good enough for the Premier League - he'd be a useful option for Wednesday though. I would say he is a better version of JJ.

I didn't say you had a solid side - I said you had the basis of a solid side.

Both goalkeepers, Buxton, Loovens, Semedo, Lee, Hutchinson, Maguire, Nuhiu - and then you have competent players such as Helan, Lavery, Maghoma, young Palmer.

There is no doubting that the squad needs adding too. And it needs depth. But Wednesday are good at utilsing the loan market and I expect that to be used to full effect until the takeover is finally ratified.

As for Thievy - he's a mixed bunch and certainly wasn't good enough for the Premier League - he'd be a useful option for Wednesday though. I would say he is a better version of JJ.

Apologies, you did indeed say, the basis of a good side. As for Bifoumi, I've seen him play in La Liga in a more central role, but I reckon he'd be good for us in a wide attacking role He's certainly more than a winger wouldn't you say?

We have no speed up front. We look like starting with Madine and Nuhiu, no speed no quality.

Lavery looks like a quality finisher but he doesn't have great pace and his all round game needs to come on in leaps and bounds if he is to play up front.

Wheres the speed at the back, we have one decent centre half who is not very quick.

I'd say you are a clapper.

Say what you like - I disagree and I would say you are probably one of the people I talk about who spend too much time on Owlstalk opposed to engaging in real life.