Relegation certainties..

I wouldn't suggest I am a clapper either, but I just don't see what these doom and gloom merchants are looking at with our current squad.    We lack depth, but we don't lack quality, we don't lack speed, we even have a bit of experience mixed in.

Some people want to look back at some of the suprise packages of recent seasons and realise we have a better squad of individuals.   All that is needed is a bit of luck and some good coaching.

If and when the added bit of quality comes, what will people have to whinge about then, because I know that they will whinge, regardless.

Last season, for me, was the worst start, and until Christmas, one of the worst displays I have seen in years.......if we had carried on with calamity Dave in charge, we would now be looking forwards playing in tthe pub league. Under Stu, we almost look like a team. Take over or not, we are in a far better situation than 12 months ago, I believe that we will compete, and with a couple of additions, we can do well,...........when in doubt think 6-0, the clouds all but disappear

Its a bit hard to judge a whole season based on our squad in this exact moment in time.  We have over 9 months of football to play and I'm sure players will be coming in during that time.

Having said that, I think our current squad would see us between 15th-18th position.

I'd rather us wait until the takeover is complete and then get some quality in, as opposed to start panic buying a load of dross that will bloat the wage bill

Makes sense doesn't it, but some of our fanbase would much rather us panic buy.

I'd rather us wait until the takeover is complete and then get some quality in, as opposed to start panic buying a load of dross that will bloat the wage bill

I don't think we need worry about a bloated wages bill, so many players have left without being replaced. With increased season ticket sales and a great new sponsorship deal, we must be better off than most

I wouldn't suggest I am a clapper either, but I just don't see what these doom and gloom merchants are looking at with our current squad.    We lack depth, but we don't lack quality, we don't lack speed, we even have a bit of experience mixed in.

Some people want to look back at some of the suprise packages of recent seasons and realise we have a better squad of individuals.   All that is needed is a bit of luck and some good coaching.

If and when the added bit of quality comes, what will people have to whinge about then, because I know that they will whinge, regardless.

Don't be talking sense on here!.its not allowed! :biggrin:

I don't think we need worry about a bloated wages bill, so many players have left without being replaced. With increased season ticket sales and a great new sponsorship deal, we must be better off than most

Good point

According to some our wage bill was in the bottom 5 of the championship last season, now with high earners like Taylor and gardener off the wage bill along with llera, jj, reda, prutton and the loan players, we must now have the lowest in the league surely

Currently squad is nailed on for bottom of the league.

Luckily Milan has time to recover it.

Unluckily for season ticket holders, you you have to watch some dire poo first.

Is it only season ticket holders it's dire for?!! Edited by kazads