Stu says...

This is the main worry, if Mamma really does have lots of money and is going to buy us, and there's no reasons why it will be rejected by FL as Milan says, then why not help us buy players now? At the moment he's going to own a relegation team and surely he must realise that

I'm pretty sure that's against the rules?

if you was in the process buying a house would you give the current owners money to get it how you wanted it before signing the contract of conveyance .....

Umm slightly different things, Mamma won't want to own a future league 1 team so yes he should want to help out. To keep with your analogy, he'd be better off buying the house in Reading now than ours

Edited by Southie_Owl

Compared to? I'd take this over the old guard spunking our money away or the countless none starters sheared etc

Compared to other football clubs.

Being better than arguably the crappest period in our entire history is hardly something to shout about.

Umm slightly different things, Mamma won't want to own a future league 1 team so yes he should want to help out. To keep with your analogy, he'd be better off buying the house in Reading now than ours

you seriously expect someone to spend money on something they dont own and might never own  ......mandaric could  say i´ll spend 10 million of my own money on the team  and you(mama) can give it me back when the takeovers complete ........but i dont think that´ll happen either . 

you seriously expect someone to spend money on something they dont own and might never own ......mandaric could say i´ll spend 10 million of my own money on the team and you(mama) can give it me back when the takeovers complete ........but i dont think that´ll happen either .

That's the point if his attitude is that he might never own us, that's hardly much confidence in the takeover happening. Which is what everyone is worried about now. Seeing as Milan was so adamant that it will happen. Anyway hopefully it will happen by next January and Mamma will buy some players then.

Edited by Southie_Owl

I think we are currently in a catch 22 situation. We want new quality players to come in, but to do that Milan would have to spend more cash which he is reluctant to do.  

Hopefully there should be some serious movement before the brighton game concerning the take over, then I would expect to see us make a few signings in quick succession.  Well that's what I'm hoping anyway.

you seriously expect someone to spend money on something they dont own and might never own  ......mandaric could  say i´ll spend 10 million of my own money on the team  and you(mama) can give it me back when the takeovers complete ........but i dont think that´ll happen either . 

It's not gonna happen and while it's incredibly frustrating i just don't see why some people can't seem to grasp the facts

While we are in this limbo neither our current nor prospective owners will be spending on anything other than minimal team maintenance

It's not in their interests

Compared to? I'd take this over the old guard spunking our money away or the countless none starters sheared etc

All the same, it actually sounds worse that we announced a deal had been struck to know saying there's a delay.

All a bit worrying

Why couldn't have Mandaric have backed Gray in the interim with last season's budget? If Mammadov comes in he can pay after the fact and if he doesn't then it is the basic investment the squad needed anyway.

Wasting another pre-season and missing out on the list of targets suits nobody.

You mean the budget that was spent last season?

And why would Manderic spend money on something he's already sold?

It's like selling your house, but a month before completion day, you decide it would be nice if you splashed out on a conservatory for the new owners.

Edited by HOOTIE AND THE SHIT TU

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

Takeovers take time. This club fortunes aren't going to change overnight. That said, the squad is certainly lacking, and I hope Mammadov has a plan on enabling Stuart Gray to have a Championship strength squad.

Could this be a case of short term pain for long term gain perhaps?

Yes it's all been delayed thanks to what's been happening over at Lens but better to get it all out of the way know and move forward in the long term?

We might not be able to sign any players at present but the ones that'll come in after the takeover will surely be of s higher standard than those we'd have signed before.