Sheffield Wednesday vs Doncaster Rovers - Official Matchday Thread

Just back, highlight of the day the amstel in wetherspoons and the copper sat asleep and that tomlinson kid getting some banter, shame about the match

Did you see anything on the pitch to inspire you? Anything to make you think that things will be different this year?

I don't read much into pre season results.

But every friendly that goes by is an opportunity to get the squad gelling, I'm hoping we have reinforcements coming, but we've missed out not having them in yet.

Looking around other championship teams, there's loads still to do any real business yet.

I just hope our squad is together before the first game.

Totally agree with what you're saying. Clearly some fans were going to get frustrated having been told it was nearly completed and now news of us missing out on targets and a delay. I was going to use Leicester as a example and even Derby to a certain degree. You know what Owls fans are like, they raise expectations way too much, slow progress is best way, said this a number of times but rather delay happen now and it still gives us a chance to sign players in this window. Think about it, if Mammadov had only become interested when season started we would have to wait for January for new players.

Jeeese ! I

I like to think I am a patient man but this farce is just that, we aint got owt right at the moment, no takeover, no investment from the current ownership, no new kit for our supporters, no care from the club (all motivation appears gone) and an owner that is saying "just hang on a bit longer, I'll soon ave mi cash and I won't care anymore"... We are in limbo, end of !

Meanwhile some like you just think let's keep our eyes closed and the dream will happen, I've heard that now for 40years, Milan is now just trying to turn his coin, Mamma just wants somewhere to move some cash to, I'm not now even convinced he wants the chosen land, just somewhere to keep some of his money for whatever reason....

The majority of Donny fans are glory hunters. No doubt about it. A lot of Donny 'fans' I know have always struck me as people who aren't really committed to their club...they're not as passionate. I've never had a decent chat or argument with a Donny fan about Rovers, Wednesday or football in general.

Of course they'll be the hard core who have been there from day dot or have been brought up to properly support their team.

They'll struggle to break the 7k attendance barrier this season unless they play a local side.

They will not get promoted next season though.

Guest HighGreen_Owl

Jeeese ! I

I like to think I am a patient man but this farce is just that, we aint got owt right at the moment, no takeover, no investment from the current ownership, no new kit for our supporters, no care from the club (all motivation appears gone) and an owner that is saying "just hang on a bit longer, I'll soon ave mi cash and I won't care anymore"... We are in limbo, end of !

Meanwhile some like you just think let's keep our eyes closed and the dream will happen, I've heard that now for 40years, Milan is now just trying to turn his coin, Mamma just wants somewhere to move some cash to, I'm not now even convinced he wants the chosen land, just somewhere to keep some of his money for whatever reason....

Anyone who questions Milan's commitment is ridiculous. You do realise how much he's funded the club. Like any businessman he's entitled to make a profit considering sacrifices he's made. Mamma's aim is to raise profile of Azerbaijan through his investments far from just moving money around. Ridiculous statement to say he doesn't want the chosen land you have seen what Mamma did at Lens in one year?   I wonder whether Reading fans are making these kind of comments about their management. They are currently been taken over, actually had to sell some of their key players and not signed anyone due to takeover. Doubt it, always seems a section of Owls fans who are constantly negative and dismissive of anything positive. Club have given fans a statement to update situation they could have not bothered and rumours continue, now everyone knows where we stand. 

Anyone who questions Milan's commitment is ridiculous. You do realise how much he's funded the club. Like any businessman he's entitled to make a profit considering sacrifices he's made. Mamma's aim is to raise profile of Azerbaijan through his investments far from just moving money around. Ridiculous statement to say he doesn't want the chosen land you have seen what Mamma did at Lens in one year? I wonder whether Reading fans are making these kind of comments about their management. They are currently been taken over, actually had to sell some of their key players and not signed anyone due to takeover. Doubt it, always seems a section of Owls fans who are constantly negative and dismissive of anything positive. Club have given fans a statement to update situation they could have not bothered and rumours continue, now everyone knows where we stand.

Hmm, seems you jump a little too quick, I have never questioned Milan's commitment but he himself has stated that the club is taking up too much of his time and that his wife is not well and that he would like to spend more time with her, I'm not sure he has made any "sacrifice" but I acknowledge he has "invested" in us so I have no issue with him making a profit from us, re HM, I'm not really sure any of us know his real intentions and let's be honest we never will, a 5 year plan will change many, many times and I couldn't give a poo about Reading !

As for Lens, we've all seen the laughing stock they've been made to look lately, for such a rich man why should such a relatively low amount cause that issue ? Watch out Wednesday, we've been warned...

Mr Mammadov's aims for SWFC are as follows:-

Prestige for Azerbaijain, and the Azeri government government will make sure he has what he needs to make it work. (The same Azerbaijan government who have just agreed to give Bernie Ecclestone a fortune for the prestige of having an F1 Grand Prix in Baku)

He also is aware that you lose money in the Championship but life is much sweeter when your nose gets in the Premier League trough.

It's also very comforting to know that he doesn't need us to provide him with a living like the McCabes and Oystons of this world.