Stuart Gray.....The perfect man!

With all the uncertainty surrounding us at the minute we have the perfect man in charge! Calm, collected and will definitely make the best out of this situation till the take over is completed!!...... We are in good hands, the players love him and he will be out to prove himself! Forget the backroom stuff! Let's get back to talking Wednesday and back SG all the way! UTO

It's football tho Jon! Corporate takeovers are the bain of the modern game! HM doesn't care one jot for our beloved team! He loves his country and money! Leave em to it! SG and the team are the most important thing to me! Don't wanna here about owt else but the team!

Guest Rupert Ridge

Unfortunately SG has been sold woefully short this closed and preseason and deserves better, but we are where we are and I hope, save a late glut of signings, we will do well to start and maintain a mid table position. Good luck Stuart.

The problem is, a bad start can completely undermine a potentially good campaign. Any optimism built up over the summer, will be lost and it drags on too long, cracks will start to appear in areas where there were previously none. The squad, as it stands is ill equipped to deal with a busy August. Heaven help us if we suffer any further injuries

Guest Rupert Ridge

I think we'll be struggling it terms of a build up of optimism given the preseason to date. Agree if we get injuries as we have already then we are in massive trouble squad wise. Let's not forget though that as the club statement claims SG has again been supported!

Thing is.......he did amazing last season!..... Even in the last few games he had to play up to seven partially fit players out of position!.....never heard him moan!.......step forward Stuart! Your time is now!!

The problem is, a bad start can completely undermine a potentially good campaign. Any optimism built up over the summer, will be lost and it drags on too long, cracks will start to appear in areas where there were previously none. The squad, as it stands is ill equipped to deal with a busy August. Heaven help us if we suffer any further injuries

And there you have it, given up before we even start

Might as well go home now and forget about being a supporter

And there you have it, given up before we even start

Might as well go home now and forget about being a supporter

but he's right though.

so wise sage tell us the reasons we should be positive?

the potential of 7 games in the first month and a paper thin squad.

same old same old woefully under prepared for the start of the season.

I think Gray is the perfect man for Mandaric tbh

Imagine if Milan was still working with an established, strong minded manager, like Redknapp

Yeah

We'd now be AFC Wednesday in the Sheffield and District league

And Rosie would see her doggy swiss bank account bulging to bursting point

Stuart Grays job this season is to prove that he can build a team on limited resources and make sure we are competitive.

As and when stronger financial muscle is put behind him can he be judged on higher expectations.

If he finds himself locked in a relegation fight, rightly or wrongly he will be fired. Expectations aren't always fair but that's the life of being a manager (esp the championship)

no resources you mean surely?

Stuart Grays job this season is to prove that he can build a team on limited resources and make sure we are competitive.

As and when stronger financial muscle is put behind him can he be judged on higher expectations.

If he finds himself locked in a relegation fight, rightly or wrongly he will be fired. Expectations aren't always fair but that's the life of being a manager (esp the championship)

So that's the plan is it ?

New man, new manager, of course, poor performances coming and Gray getting the blame, why didn't we see that before ?

Before so many new season tickets were bought that is...

What do you think Gray can possibly achieve that is classed as a successful season with what he has at his disposal?

Absolutely nothing and that's just my point.

Your original quote sounded like you're someone from the clubs HR department.

And not at all caring about how the poor sod is being stitched up.

Your point may well have been fair (and may well turn out to be true) but it was also very cold & harsh (IMHO).

All I'm saying mate is that if as we stand Gray got us fourth from bottom he'd probably not be doing a bad job, our squad is that weak. But sadly for him if he is in and around that area he will be sacked.

I think we all know that though, Gray will know it more than most but I don't think this is the time to start saying it, I think this thread was to try and get behind him in difficult times.

But let's make no bones about it, if we are pi$$ poor tactically everyone on here will be calling for his head well before then...

With 2 Nuihu headers already it just shows miracles can happen...

lol

Edited by Captain Sl-OWL-ly