Statement

I believe that the takeover will take place because, although being a "realist" and generally very critical of MM, logic tells me that he wouldn't entertain Mamadov if there was the slightest risk that the £40M wasn't available for the purchase of the club. If that risk was real, I honestly believe that MM would have backed out by now.

Also, I believe that there will be significant funds available after the takeover. Why spend an enormous amount of money purchasing a club only to let it fail through lack of investment?

I tell you what though; IMO that statement is so ambiguous it can be interpreted in any number of ways. The statement needs to be rewritten to give a clearer explanation about the status of the takeover and the outstanding activities required to complete

It would make sense for HM to provide us with some funding during the coming week. When Milan said "talks we're very constructive" maybe money exchanged hands in the form of a shirt sponsor payment etc...I'm still hopeful of a couple of players this week

The statement is a load of rounduns.

Especially the statement saying we are supporting stuart gray in the transfer market as shown by retaining semedo,kirkland and the capture of westwood and loovens, all of whom where in the budget bar westwood for the majority of last season. On top of that we released 8 players which must surely have surplus wage budget to bring more players in. Two weeks till the season and 6 players short yet another struggle beckons unless Hm sorts out the paperwork in that time which isnt going to happen. Poor old stuart gray gutted for him good manager but he has been royally screwed here.

This takeover is typical of the type of people now showing interest in UK football.

No interest in the club and somewhat dubious means of financial support.

We all chose to avoid these signs weeks ago , now the reality starts to sink in that we are 1) a plaything 2) a stepping stone in his long term plan and 3) going to be owned by someone who SWFC means nothing to.

People have mentioned Abramovich etc but he is totally opposite ...hands on to point he has had to take a step back.

Warning signs are there re HM...remote owner who will do it on his timescale regardless of the potential damage caused to the individual club plans.

I cant be bothered readibng the statement again but i'm sure it said another update before the first game which is less than 2 weeks away. Surely there won't be another PR gaff and we have to sit in silence for another month.

I'm all for the club keeping us in the loop re the takeover but, to be honest, I'm more interested in our preparations for the start of the season. All that seems to have gone on hold and it's as if the seasons start on the 9th doesn't exist That's the date most of us have been looking forward to and it's the date Gray and his coaches will have been working towards. He had hoped to have his squad in place by the start of pre season training, that never happened, then by the time the team set off for Slovenia. Again, no chance. Even as recently as last week, the poor man was suggesting there might be a couple of players coming in before the squad arrived back. Yeah right, let down again. Personally I'm sick of hearing about this takeover. It may happen, it may not. If it does, well great, let's hope it works out, but in the meantime we have a job to do, and that is to get a competitive squad in place for that first league game of the season.

Guest _Ibbo_

Who on earth seriously releases a statement at 10:30pm on a saturday night ? 

Really ?

Might have well waited and done a proper one today ! 

Him never setting foot in Sheffield isn't an issue. Glaser never stepped foot in Old Trafford. If he trusts Milan and Milan is happy to run operations that would work perfectly well.

I was just trying to make a point about it being a bit souless someone with no connection to Sheffield or indeed England taking over Sheffield Wednesday.

Him never setting foot in Sheffield isn't an issue. Glaser never stepped foot in Old Trafford. If he trusts Milan and Milan is happy to run operations that would work perfectly well.

And I don't think Milan has the means, or the desire, to take us further. He seems happy to stay on as chairman for the interim period, and that has to be a good thing

Concerning that he can't prioritise the initial transaction of the club, after all any delay significantly jeopardises his new business as we can't build a squad over night.

Can imagine half of Gray's transfer targets will have retired by the time we get round to having talks with them.

Mess, a worrying mess.

Thing is Bruce, i don't think it's a case of prioritizing his other businesses, I think it's political and I don't think he had a choice.

Hopefully it will either turn out to be a storm in a tea cup and he takes us over, OR if he really is shyster it get's put to bed sooner rather than later.  

Personally, i think he's good for the money. He's a businessman and he'll want to see a return obviously, but i hope he's willing to be patient like us fans....before he drops us for someone else. 

Without reading all the drama queen statements on here and all the woe is me etc.  Some people need their bumps feeling and have a reality check.

1)  The statement is what it is a statement that says very little but gives clues.  My guess is the original announcement was made premature because something leaked in France linked to the RC Lens problems.   The hope to announce before the first game gives a timescale basically now saying the process (hopefully) will be complete by then for the following reasons.

2) If you are a business man with multiple interests you prioritise where the most risk to your business is.   Baghlan Group would come first with what ever issues it faced, which still isnt really clear but appeared to be a slight down grading of there financial status (which have now been sorted), The RC Lens issue would be second, that had a tight timesclae and needed attension from HM no matter if Mazrtel was there HM is the finance, and yes we would be last at this stage.   If you read the statement it said he had other issues that required (not require) his attension which suggests these are now complete and his attension turns to us.  Also if it wasn't going to hapopen do you think he would bother coming to the UK and getting Martel to fly here rather than HM been based in France and MM going there.

3) If you thought the takeover/ratification was going to happen in a matter of a couple of weeks you were seriously wrong.  The statement says due diligence is completed and now just crossing the Ts and dotting the Is with the FL needs to be complete.  A lot like buying a house there are an awful lot of stages to go through when your spending £40m to make sure it's all ok from both sides.   You think HM team just said yes we'll buy it for £40m.   MM got stung doing that to save us finding the debt was higher than identified.

4)  I'm not in ITK but talking to legal people about big takeovers like this they attituide was the legal people would take their time considering every letter not just word for meaning and impact just to make sure they were getting best deal and not ripped off and both sides legal teams would have been doing this.   This takeover should happen as long as nothing horrible comes out the wood work with FL.   Yes frustrating because supporters jumped the gun expecting big signings and not been behind as in previous seasons.  But prem squads will not annouce yet and there are still good players there.

WAWAW

Without reading all the drama queen statements on here and all the woe is me etc. Some people need their bumps feeling and have a reality check.

1) The statement is what it is a statement that says very little but gives clues. My guess is the original announcement was made premature because something leaked in France linked to the RC Lens problems. The hope to announce before the first game gives a timescale basically now saying the process (hopefully) will be complete by then for the following reasons.

2) If you are a business man with multiple interests you prioritise where the most risk to your business is. Baghlan Group would come first with what ever issues it faced, which still isnt really clear but appeared to be a slight down grading of there financial status (which have now been sorted), The RC Lens issue would be second, that had a tight timesclae and needed attension from HM no matter if Mazrtel was there HM is the finance, and yes we would be last at this stage. If you read the statement it said he had other issues that required (not require) his attension which suggests these are now complete and his attension turns to us. Also if it wasn't going to hapopen do you think he would bother coming to the UK and getting Martel to fly here rather than HM been based in France and MM going there.

3) If you thought the takeover/ratification was going to happen in a matter of a couple of weeks you were seriously wrong. The statement says due diligence is completed and now just crossing the Ts and dotting the Is with the FL needs to be complete. A lot like buying a house there are an awful lot of stages to go through when your spending £40m to make sure it's all ok from both sides. You think HM team just said yes we'll buy it for £40m. MM got stung doing that to save us finding the debt was higher than identified.

4) I'm not in ITK but talking to legal people about big takeovers like this they attituide was the legal people would take their time considering every letter not just word for meaning and impact just to make sure they were getting best deal and not ripped off and both sides legal teams would have been doing this. This takeover should happen as long as nothing horrible comes out the wood work with FL. Yes frustrating because supporters jumped the gun expecting big signings and not been behind as in previous seasons. But prem squads will not annouce yet and there are still good players there.

WAWAW