Something needs to be done and said

Guest JamesSwfcOwl

Guest Fedor

The OP is right, for a "business" the size of ours we are ran ridiculously amateurishly.It's only the blind faith of the hard core of support that keeps the club going.This close season aloneSales department - season ticket prices increased, sales inevitably have fallen. Failed.Commercial department - kit shambles. Late sales date again, not enough stock, still no away shirt. Failed.Then the football side of the business...........You can give all the excuses you want but the bottom line is it's poor at best.Luckily most other English clubs are also run terribly.

Great post, and oh so true.

I can only agree with the OP. After all, our ticket income must be higher than 75% of this division and we have the same commercial opportunties as every other team. Presumably the tv income is shared reasonably equally, so how come we haven't delivered in terms of performance?

It can only be put down to poor management, both at team and director level. The new guy needs to review the whole club from top to bottom and establish what's wrong, before sorting it out and ensuring we go in the right direction pretty quickly.

Really don't understand the following (at all) "be drooled in by false accusations"

I also don't really agree with the overall thoughts of the OP, the club is far better ran than it was, we are showing progression on and off the field and the takeover is hopefully on the verge of ratification - I am looking forward to the new season far more than I have the last few.

I'm not being over dramatic here but year after year our fans seem to be drooled in by false accusations all the time from the club. Being told that we will have a strong competitive squad for the start of the season earlier in pre-season to then having the smallest squad possible with very limited additions to the squad. Our fans don't deserve this and I think it's about time something was said. You look at strike forces in this league and then there's us with Madine, Nuhiu and Lavery come on.  How long before we start getting the "we'll use the loan market" bullshit like we do every year? And any players we sign now will have the "haven't had a full pre-season" excuse for when they're poo after 5 games. And let's not forget the squad will need "time to gel" which is another classic Wednesday line. Why do we never learn? I for one am not looking forward to the new season as I can see it being a season of struggle if we don't improve quickly

UTO

did you add the "im not being over dramatic" bit to reassure yourself or to try and hide it from others? seems a bit over dramatic to me. if all we ever got was honesty i dont think season ticket sales would have been very good the last few years.

and "strong competitive squad" is open for interpretation, it always needs a context.

i dont understand what all these threads are about, obviously we're waiting to see if HM does takeover and when he does maybe he'll be more ready to invest, than say before he takes over.

Apathy from the supporters of this football club has played a huge part in the lack of success over the last 25 years.

That's bullshit 2bh mate the apathy from the supporters is justified.

We pay our money buy season tickets year on year IMO the club takes our blind loyalty for granted.

A club statement to keep us up to date wouldn't go amiss

Optimism and pessimism apart just WHAT is happening with this takeover anybody know?.  Is it the financial problem with our prospective new owner and his other club or is it the old dears at the FA doddering about ratifying it?.

Whatever it is it IS bl00dy worryin because that current squad ain't going nowhere.  :sad:

It is a bit melodramatic really.

We know we need to improve, but we don't have the poor squad of players of past seasons, we just need some specific additions not wholesale changes.

No offence, but if by waiting we get a better calibre of player then it is worthwhile waiting rather than settle for squad fillers because we are short on numbers.

Guest silvergusy

I agree with what you are saying to a point Steve, but surely we don't need another thread about it?

I would never negate anyone posting anything at all, but why post what is already out there? Well on here.

As Hootie says, negativity breeds negativity, and another thread about it doesn't help that.

There is nothing we can do, just sit tight and try and enjoy whatever ride we are currently on.

What we also don't need is the same poster saying 'surely we don't need another thread' twice in the same thread that he doesn't want to see as a thread in the first place.

You made your point, it's a forum, leave it alone.

Guest Steve French

I'm not being over dramatic here but year after year our fans seem to be drooled in by false accusations all the time from the club.

I wish I understood this bit better. Drool? Accusations? Whose drooling and whose accusing? Properly baffled.

Edited by Blunkett Hound

It is a bit melodramatic really.

We know we need to improve, but we don't have the poor squad of players of past seasons, we just need some specific additions not wholesale changes.

No offence, but if by waiting we get a better calibre of player then it is worthwhile waiting rather than settle for squad fillers because we are short on numbers.

Do you think we'll be paying out fees, for players that clubs want to keep?

The better freebies have been signed by rivals, about a month ago

No I think HM has shelled out £40m for a laugh.  I sure he''ll starve us of investment.  I mean it stands to reason dunnit. 

What we also don't need is the same poster saying 'surely we don't need another thread' twice in the same thread that he doesn't want to see as a thread in the first place.

You made your point, it's a forum, leave it alone.

What we don't need is someone who doesn't seem to want the same thread saying it for the third time. Do we? 

I genuinely don't know.    I doubt we are going to go out and spend a wad, on either fee's or wages.   I do think the purse strings may be loosened somewhat though, and its not just money - a player who has a chance to sign for two teams will look at the club and it's infrastructure, the direction it is heading in etc and then make a choice.   I would like to think with this takeover we are seen to be heading into some good times.

Edited by salmonbones