Conspiracy Theory

Guest justcraig

Guest justcraig

I wonder if Milan knew that it would take a fair amount of time for a takeover to complete once he'd found his successor, after all; he did it at Leicester.

Could this be the reason he kept Stu 'the cheap option' Gray on as manager, don't get me wrong, after his spell as caretaker, he certainly deserved a shot and still does.  But, MM is hardly helping his manager is he? No coin to spend during the protracted TO, he knows Gray is a complete yes man and will just get on with it and not say a peep.  If MM had brought in a fairly high profile manager, they would have wanted decent financial backing, Nice guy Stu just wants a chance to prove himself!

It's a shockingly identical pre-season as any other, late in the transfer market, squad not readied with only days to go to the start of the season.  the same old excuses of gelling etc will come out if we lose our first few games, a few decent loan signings come 31st august then booom sept/oct.... Gray's sacked!

By this time the money will be in place for us to attract a proven manager with the calibre to attract good players!  I have to admit, I'm really disappointed by the lack of movement in the transfer market so close to Kick off, it pretty poor.  Regardless of whether or not we have Mamma's millions, we still have the usual budget to play with and plenty of money available from the many departures from last season!

I am starting to think that Gray's job will be in severe jeopardy within the next 8 weeks if he doesn't get banging on MM;s door for some cash!

Edited by justcraig

We have a far stronger squad than the start of last season and anything like the form we showed in the second half of last season will see us get off to a reasonable start...we do need some additional strength to the squad but this idea that the squad is somehow too short to be able to compete is frankly stupid at best and plainly idiotic at worst...cue all the usual suspects saying we'll be relegated by September

I wonder if Milan knew that it would take a fair amount of time for a takeover to complete once he'd found his successor, after all; he did it at Leicester.

Could this be the reason he kept Stu 'the cheap option' Gray

Stopped reading after this.

Guest justcraig

Why would Milan provide SG with the money? He doesn't own the club anymore.

He's not providing him with money, it's the business' budget, MM doesn't give him money out of his pocket for signings you know!

Maybe MM just rates Gray?

Why would MM give any more cash away when he has sold the club?

Same answer to this!

Guest justcraig

We have a far stronger squad than the start of last season and anything like the form we showed in the second half of last season will see us get off to a reasonable start...we do need some additional strength to the squad but this idea that the squad is somehow too short to be able to compete is frankly stupid at best and plainly idiotic at worst...cue all the usual suspects saying we'll be relegated by September

Completely off topic really Daveyboy, our delving in the transfer market is poor pre season, Buxton is already injured, meaning Palmer will play RB, what if Lee gets injured?  We are short of good players, you need a capable squad to progress in this division, I also clearly never stated we'd be relegated by September but have you seen our opening fixtures? It's no walk in the park is it?  We need to be 90% fully manned for the 9th Aug, IMO we are 65%

Guest justcraig

Milan said when the takeover had been announced that him and Mamma only started speaking a few weeks earlier. I reckon this was after Gray was given the job

I can't believe this to be honest, you don't sell a company for £40m to a bloke you've been casually chatting to for 2 weeks, these things take months of ground work

Guest _Ibbo_

The only area that concerns me is our defense. 

Midfield and forward line are fine. We might have to go full on lets score more than the opposition............. 

C/H area worries me at the moment. No strength in depth at all. 

Guest justcraig

No need to knock on his door then.

Well there is, seen as he's the chairman who controls said budget

I can't believe this to be honest, you don't sell a company for £40m to a bloke you've been casually chatting to for 2 weeks, these things take months of ground work

Mammadov was looking at Reading up until at least February- he was at the Reading v SWFC game as a guest of Reading FC. I guess MM and HM got talking on that day.... 

Gray was appointed head coach in Jan. 

Guest justcraig

What if all the players get injured?

seriously???? Glad you can have an adult conversation! If you honestly think we have strength in depth then you my friend, are deluded! 2 or 3 injuries and we are at bare bones!

Completely off topic really Daveyboy, our delving in the transfer market is poor pre season, Buxton is already injured, meaning Palmer will play RB, what if Lee gets injured?  We are short of good players, you need a capable squad to progress in this division, I also clearly never stated we'd be relegated by September but have you seen our opening fixtures? It's no walk in the park is it?  We need to be 90% fully manned for the 9th Aug, IMO we are 65%

You are looking at the present with the viewpoint of previous seasons when we didn't have a pot to wee wee in and had no strategy, no young players to bring in and complete fvckwits running the club...MM has done a great job to FINALLY get us running properly with football people overseeing how the club is being run and putting in place the infrastructure for us to move on...hopefully with proper investment

Guest justcraig

Mammadov was looking at Reading up until at least February- he was at the Reading v SWFC game as a guest of Reading FC. I guess MM and HM got talking on that day.... 

Gray was appointed head coach in Jan. 

Fair point if true