Just like last pre season

We need

2 centre halves - one of whom needs to be a proper nutter, the other young and quicker.

A creative central mid.

A winger who can consistently whip a good ball in.

A striker. Preferably someone with a bit of pace but not overly reliant on that alone. Vardy hopefully.

We do seem under prepared again, but it's no one's fault....can it really be helped?

I'm hoping that we have deals in place and are just waiting for that illusive green light. Chris Eagles and plenty of others still clubless or looking for a move. Plus that French Lad.

I'm still confident it can all be sorted before Brighton.

Brighton

lol

Why does one of the centre halves have to be younger than the other?

Guest 5512uto

Thought Andrews was shuffle and signing him would have demonstrated how unambitious and likely to stanate we were?

It looks likely we will be starting the season with a weaker squad than we had at the end of last season for the second season in a row?

As much as I'd like to see us challenge for a place in the top half of the table, I think it would be quite an achievement if SG manages to keep us up again.

1) last season we started with nuhiu and madine as the only recognised strikers, we have improved on this and will do more so before the start of the season.

2) we've got a leader in loovens and others could still come

3) sure, no one wants a repeat of last season.

4) what are you wanting sorting and who are you asking?

Lets have it right, Madine is pants, would rather start with arnold lavery

Lets have it right, Madine is pants, would rather start with arnold lavery

I never said he was or wasn't, just that we've definitely improved our front line since the start of last season... tho it's not as strong as how we finished it

Agree with Sally.

Hopefully the takeover goes through and we bring in some quality.

At the moment we look a bit light in terms of depth.

Certainly need reinforcements in all areas, bar goalkeeper.

Apart from Westwood we have a weaker squad than the one that finished the season. There's no way it won't be anything other than a battle against relegation again unless we drastically improve the squad.

I won't feel better until we sign a few more defenders, some quality all over the midfield and a couple of strikers to add depth.

Edited by mark77

Madine, Nuhiu and Lavery are our only recognised strikers. The same as last year? Improvement? Don't know what POWP is getting at.

lavery was in the dev squad last year and has progressed well, nuhiu has a year of experience behind him, and madine doesn't have a trial around the corner

it's definitely improvement (and I know that's a massive stretch, but it's not the same and it's not a step back)

Guest Fedor

Madine, Nuhiu and Lavery are our only recognised strikers. The same as last year? Improvement? Don't know what POWP is getting at.

POWP sounds like the sound of a trump which is rather fitting as he talks out of his arse.

Guest Kagoshimaowl

These threads are doing my nut in.  I'm sure we could go down the free transfer route now and bring in 4-5 of them. However, we are waiting for the takeover to be ratified so we can go for better players (ex: Gray has said Tardieu will be BOUGHT as soon as it has gone through). If we fill up the squad with freebies, we won't be able to bring in the better players later.  A bit of patience is needed FFS! 

I would rather wait and even if it takes till September, bring the better players in at that point.