FL not very helpful!

You say 'more than most on here are doing' as though we actually could do something

But isn't that just the point ?

Most of us (myself included) are just sitting around waiting for summat to happen in the belief that we can't do anything ourselves to influence it yet this guy tried to show some initiative and give something a go.

His biggest mistake wasn't his efforts, it was more that he posted them on here....

Yes! It is the point.

The point is we can't do anything! :biggrin:

if someone wanted to find out some info about it, and had the time to spare, they could find it.

Right bunch of horrible ba$tards, you lot.  Someone tried something different, let's jump him for it and shame him in to never trying such a thing again cos the big boys laughed.

It’s now more than 6 weeks since the takeover was announced and the wait for the FL to ratify it is driving me crazy. So I decided to contact the FL to see if they could just indicate when a decision is likely to be made. Then at least I would know how much longer I would need to wait without checking all forums every 5 minutes.

I was not that hopeful of a reply but to the credit of the FL they did reply as follows:

Thank you for your email.

We cannot provide any comment on any potential club takeovers and any information in this respect would be for the club themselves to divulge, nor do we set a specific time period for completing any prospective takeover. The Football League requires specific information in relation to any takeover and this has to be received and be compliant with our regulations and policies.

In respect of any individuals involved in a takeover we can only direct you to our regulations and FAQ regarding the Owners and Directors test http://www.football-league.co.uk/regulations/20130704/appendix-3_2293633_2128209 and here http://www.football-league.co.uk/page/FAQ/FAQsDetail/0,,10794~2428071,00.html. This fully outlines the procedures involved.

Thank you for contacting The Football League

So not much use I know but when you look at what is involved in the Owners and Directors test you can maybe understand why it is taking so long.

Sorry….I did try!!!

Absolutely superb post. Only your third ever and look at how many bit!

Woah - some big-hitters on that list, as well.

I salute you, chpugh!

if someone wanted to find out some info about it, and had the time to spare, they could find it.

Right bunch of horrible ba$tards, you lot. Someone tried something different, let's jump him for it and shame him in to never trying such a thing again cos the bully boys laughed.

Sorry WW felt I had to amend your post slightly...

lol

Why try something that aint gonna be successful in a million years then to top it off post it on here? lol

The first part of your post is probably what one caveman said to the other when he was trying to make a wheel, the second part of your post is probably true, cavemen didn't do OT did they ?

Oop's, sorry forgot to smile. lol

Edited by Captain Sl-OWL-ly

It’s now more than 6 weeks since the takeover was announced and the wait for the FL to ratify it is driving me crazy. So I decided to contact the FL to see if they could just indicate when a decision is likely to be made. Then at least I would know how much longer I would need to wait without checking all forums every 5 minutes.

I was not that hopeful of a reply but to the credit of the FL they did reply as follows:

Thank you for your email.

We cannot provide any comment on any potential club takeovers and any information in this respect would be for the club themselves to divulge, nor do we set a specific time period for completing any prospective takeover. The Football League requires specific information in relation to any takeover and this has to be received and be compliant with our regulations and policies.

In respect of any individuals involved in a takeover we can only direct you to our regulations and FAQ regarding the Owners and Directors test http://www.football-league.co.uk/regulations/20130704/appendix-3_2293633_2128209 and here http://www.football-league.co.uk/page/FAQ/FAQsDetail/0,,10794~2428071,00.html. This fully outlines the procedures involved.

Thank you for contacting The Football League

So not much use I know but when you look at what is involved in the Owners and Directors test you can maybe understand why it is taking so long.

Sorry….I did try!!!

LOLLOLLOL

Why try something that aint gonna be successful in a million years then to top it off post it on here? lol

If this is genuine (and 3 posts in is making me question that) then he's tried to get some info that everybody on here is craving, and managed to get a response from the body that's handling it.  You'd imagine with the best interests of everyone on here at heart.

That kid's got an email from the FA regarding the takeover, what have you got?  some points scored on a forum.  Nice one.

EDIT: genuine or not, the responses are sad but, sadly, typical of reight 'ard lads avin a reight good laff at summat they ant done.

Edited by wednesdaywizard