FL not very helpful!

It’s now more than 6 weeks since the takeover was announced and the wait for the FL to ratify it is driving me crazy. So I decided to contact the FL to see if they could just indicate when a decision is likely to be made. Then at least I would know how much longer I would need to wait without checking all forums every 5 minutes.

I was not that hopeful of a reply but to the credit of the FL they did reply as follows:

Thank you for your email.

We cannot provide any comment on any potential club takeovers and any information in this respect would be for the club themselves to divulge, nor do we set a specific time period for completing any prospective takeover. The Football League requires specific information in relation to any takeover and this has to be received and be compliant with our regulations and policies.

In respect of any individuals involved in a takeover we can only direct you to our regulations and FAQ regarding the Owners and Directors test http://www.football-league.co.uk/regulations/20130704/appendix-3_2293633_2128209 and here http://www.football-league.co.uk/page/FAQ/FAQsDetail/0,,10794~2428071,00.html. This fully outlines the procedures involved.

Thank you for contacting The Football League

So not much use I know but when you look at what is involved in the Owners and Directors test you can maybe understand why it is taking so long.

Sorry….I did try!!!

Do you know what, fair play to him for thinking out of the box.  Most of us rely on Owlstalk and F5 for information so don't shoot him down for trying to get information.  I don't see anyone else trying anything different.  

In fairness that was a LONG shot, but why not be cheeky? If you don't try, you don't get.

Do people actually do this sort of thing?

You contacted the football league, to see if they would tell a random member of the public about the progress of ratifying a deal between 2 completely separate parties, that has absolutely nothing to do with the person sending the request

Absolute best case scenario, what were you hoping for and expecting? 

You contacted the football league, to see if they would tell a random member of the public about the progress of ratifying a deal between 2 completely separate parties, that has absolutely nothing to do with the person sending the request

ratification, DUH.

Dear Random,

Shhhhh! T Don't tell anyone, but's its getting signed today.

Regards

FL