Tardieu

Seems strange that he has had a medical but we are still waiting.  We obviously can't afford the transfer fee until the takeover.  Loan for a month with a view to a permanent deal should do the trick.  lol

his french club may not be to keen on that .....loan him out with no guarantee that we´ll sign him if the takeover goes boobies up .

Guest JonTheOwl66

I obviously welcome his signing but it confuses me as midfield is where we have a bucket load.

Hopefully Corry and Coke are moving on although I do feel like Gray has a soft spot for Coke.

Hutch CB me thinks.

Thank you!

Still can't find out much about him.

I'm just going off this article TBH, seen it posted a few times.

From a article where he was named as one of the hottest prospects in France

The young midfielder, who, curiously, has not been capped by the French national team at any level, has been quoted as saying that Andres Iniesta is the perfect footballer, but it is more Sergio Busquets to whom he looks as a role-model. Like the Catalan midfielder, Tardieu much prefers the thankless aspect of the game. “I think it’s [defensive midfield] the position that best corresponds to my qualities. I like to play simple and to play for others.” His generosity is not limited to passing statistics, as he is indefatigable on the pitch. Chasing, harrying, and dispossessing the opposition, Tardieu is often the player who wins back possession and kick-starts an attack.

Maybe the door is on upside down like the sondico badges hence them having trouble getting him through it........

The descriptions about his role seem contradictory to what Gray said, but having him and Lee nipping at and harassing in midfield would work well. If needed that can be suplimented by Semedo or Hutch (although I think he'll be played at centre half to get more games out of him at the minute).

To me that goes with having a team that will work hard to get hold of the ball. We just now need to make sure we have the right mix with creative players.....

It would be interesting to see what our transfer policy will be like under a full window after the takeover though, considering this has bypassed Gray and SWFC somewhat so far.