McCabe

Guest dunellaowl

If he sees enough of the ball and no one challenges him he looks good....

Sign Sean garnier up! He looks quality

Guest GreenGoose

Rangers aren't mugs.

I reckon in a 3 he'll be good. Anyone questioning his ability to cover ground wasn't at Bolton a couple of years ago when he ran about 4 marathons to help hold the lead.

He's miles better than Coke and Corry.

Guest HighGreen_Owl

Recall one of first games he played for us vs Birmingham at home (Rodri with first goal) McCabe absolutely bossed the game. Thought he'd push on from that but he has been in and out of team and will admit himself hasn't performed consistently enough when given a chance. No way should we be giving up on a player aged only 22 with a good background at Rangers. It's a big season for McCabe and I hope he does enough to be around first team.

Guest IN MILAN WE RUST

Rangers aren't mugs.

I reckon in a 3 he'll be good. Anyone questioning his ability to cover ground wasn't at Bolton a couple of years ago when he ran about 4 marathons to help hold the lead.

He's miles better than Coke and Corry.

Recalling the 1 good game hes had is pretty desperate! agree he came as a hot prospect and was surprised he came to us but in all honesty he hasnt progressed and sometimes we have to say hes not good enough, it doesnt make you a lesser wednesday fan to admit that

If he sees enough of the ball and no one challenges him he looks good....

Sign Sean garnier up! He looks quality

Sooo wrong.

Unlike most of our midfielders he doesn't panicked when in possession, and under pressure from opposition.

Someone earlier said he doesn't work hard, and won't defend. I strongly disagree with that too.

Guest HighGreen_Owl

He would have been better staying with Rangers in the dog & duck league. You see glimpses but that's not enough in the championship

Dog and Duck league is a new one. I like to use term "Micky Mouse" league when talking about Scottish football  lol

Guest GreenGoose

Recalling the 1 good game hes had is pretty desperate! agree he came as a hot prospect and was surprised he came to us but in all honesty he hasnt progressed and sometimes we have to say hes not good enough, it doesnt make you a lesser wednesday fan to admit that

I only mentioned that one because people were questioning his legs and that game he dispelled all doubts I had in that department.

Soz superfan. I'll start slating everyone if you prefer.

Boooooooooo Nuhiu booooooooo Antonio booooooooo Helan.

What ever our management have seen in the last 18 months hadn't got him game time. That's not the same manager either.

Maybe it's attitude as the ability seems to exist

Fact is that he didn't get a chance his talent deserves. And there must be a reason for that. Either he is unprofessional, doesn't train hard enough, his face doesn't fit in, etc... I can't know.

Guest IN MILAN WE RUST

I only mentioned that one because people were questioning his legs and that game he dispelled all doubts I had in that department.

Soz superfan. I'll start slating everyone if you prefer.

Boooooooooo Nuhiu booooooooo Antonio booooooooo Helan.

Sorry mate i forgot superfans are the ones who clap themselves silly while saying mattock, coke, and nuhiu are amazing, i can see why other fans laugh at us and call us deluded! take thee blinkers fella

Guest IN MILAN WE RUST

many players didnt shine under jones, maguire, mccabe . he needs a fresh start like maguire had .

agree with the maguire call, looks a good player and sure hes gonna have a good season

Sooo wrong.

Unlike most of our midfielders he doesn't panicked when in possession, and under pressure from opposition.

Someone earlier said he doesn't work hard, and won't defend. I strongly disagree with that too.

It's not that he won't defend, he's just not as good at it. Bolton tore through midfield on the final day, so many runners from midfield he couldn't deal with them in the deep CM role. Semedo or Hutchinson would've done.

Guest GreenGoose

Sorry mate i forgot superfans are the ones who clap themselves silly while saying mattock, coke, and nuhiu are amazing, i can see why other fans laugh at us and call us deluded! take thee blinkers fella

Coke is dogtoss. Nuhiu and Mattock are both reasonable Championship players.

"In Milan We Rust"

Mug.

Guest IN MILAN WE RUST

Coke is dogtoss. Nuhiu and Mattock are both reasonable Championship players.

"In Milan We Rust"

Mug.

wow is your methadone wearing off? jog on moomin your boring me 

Guest GreenGoose

wow is your methadone wearing off? jog on moomin your boring me

Calling me a smackhead when you can't find the shift key and don't know which your/you're to use.

Oreight.

It's not that he won't defend, he's just not as good at it. Bolton tore through midfield on the final day, so many runners from midfield he couldn't deal with them in the deep CM role. Semedo or Hutchinson would've done.

You're correct, Mccabe isn't great at defending. Which is why he should never be paired next to someone who also can't defend for toffee, Coke. But at least Mccabe stood up and had a crack at it.

In a 4 man championship midfield you ideally need a CM who drives forward and creates, and a CM who is more defensively minded. This is why Lee and Semedo work well.

If Lee, for whatever reason, is unavailable then Mccabe should replace him rather than Coke.

In an ideal world though I'd love to see a 3 man midfield of Lee, Hutch/Semi and Mccabe. I just think they'd all bring the best out of each other.

But yeah. My point is we'll only see the best of Mccabe if he's paired with a defensive mid. Pair him with Coke/Lee/Corry or Palmer and he'll struggle.

Guest IN MILAN WE RUST

Calling me a smackhead when you can't find the shift key and don't know which your/you're to use.

Oreight.

Thats top banter mate, never been owned with the old shift key debate so top kudos