McCabe

Reminds me a little bit of O'Hara at Wolves. Loads of ability (not saying they're at the same level) but doesn't translate into performances. Would send him out on loan until January give him some game time, probably in League 1 and see how he goes. That would be a long enough stint to get good field reports on him and see whether his perceived lack of effort is down t being in and out of the side here, or that he's just a lazy sod. Than make a decision.

Reminds me a little bit of O'Hara at Wolves. Loads of ability (not saying they're at the same level) but doesn't translate into performances. Would send him out on loan until January give him some game time, probably in League 1 and see how he goes. That would be a long enough stint to get good field reports on him and see whether his perceived lack of effort is down t being in and out of the side here, or that he's just a lazy sod. Than make a decision.

I dont think sending players out on loan is that straight forward. Clubs have got to want to take them and play them.

Think he has everything in his locker to be a handy squad player at this level. He ran the show when he first arrived, in those games against Derby and Birmingham.

I thought he ended his season on a high at home to Bolton. Whilst Coke hid away, he ended up handling both positions....wasn't afraid to shoot and got the assist for Mattock's goal.

I don't think he'll be our 'saviour'...but he's got plenty of ability. It's time that he was given enough opportunity to apply it.

Like someone else has said, I also reckon that he'd perform best in a 3 man midfield with Lee and Hutch/Semedo

Edited by FlyingOwl

I dont think sending players out on loan is that straight forward. Clubs have got to want to take them and play them.

Really? I thought they just rocked up and said "Wednesday have sent me on loan for 6 months where's my locker?" haha!

You know what I mean though, IF they can get him on loan somewhere I think it could be the making of him, or alternatively, show him to be disinterested.

some people on these forums dont get squad players at all do they, lets just have a small squad of superstars and when they get injured we have no cover for them and slip down the league table shall we. kieth andrews not good enough for us some say but hes on his way to watford to give them more options .

If you are playing him, you have to play to his style. Depends how Gray wants to do it, and he does seem to like to get the ball down on the deck. If so I would be surprised if he doesn't get more game time this season, great passer of the ball.

His only hindrance is his work rate, and maybe his ego. But if he applied himself in training and starts doing some of the dirty work in matches, don't see why he can't make one of the CM spots his own

He is good when we tend to play "through" him, and when he sees enough of the ball. As soon as we start kicking it long, or letting our wingers take ball and run until they bump into something, he is useless.

If we are to play "passing" football this season, he could be important player for us once again.

Btw. Seems like he is having good pre-season so far.