McCabe

Has he been written off already or do people think he could have a future with SWFC?

He's look good in brief moments i.e. that goal against Charlton but on the whole it appears he's overlooked a lot of the time. A pretty average loan spell at Pompey albeit in difficult circumstances. He's a smiliar age to Oliver Norwood at Huddersfiled and he's always impressed me when i've seen him play.

It's a huge season pre-season for McCabe. He needs to show his worth to the club and break into the squad. He could fit into that creative CM role well if he applied himself in games a bit more but his workrate seems lacking from what i've seen and in the Championship you can't afford to be carrying players.

I really want this lad to come good after the initial reviews when he first signed.

Overlooked? If a player is playing poorly for both the U21s and when out on loan, is he really being overlooked.

I hope McCabe comes good but if doesn't look likely at the moment.

Overlooked because he's not good enough maybe. I'm not denying he's been playing poorly but i think there's a good player in there. He's the sort of player that will be garbage for us, move on then go on to have a good career.

He was either vastly overhyped when we first signed him or something just isn't right.

We'll play Lee infront of him everytime and Gray will want someone stronger and more athletic to cover the other spot in CM

Can't see him featuring much and at 22 he's at a cross road really

Loan him out until Xmas and gauge it from there

He signed for 3 years. Wasn't it rumoured he turned Everton down so he could get first team football?

That worked well lol

Not sure if that was the agent, or the previous manager trying to lift the lads profile

Either way

It was ballacks

He could do with going to europe for a while imo. Try and improve in a country where the tempo is a bit slower and start from there. Bit like Man Utd used to do with their youngsters.

Considering he ended up at Portsmouth last season, I don't think they will be forming an orderly queue.

Overlooked? If a player is playing poorly for both the U21s and when out on loan, is he really being overlooked.

I hope McCabe comes good but if doesn't look likely at the moment.

This about sums it up. It's up to the lad to knuckle down have a good pre-season and force his way into consideration through his attitude and performances in training and friendlies. If he's good enough no doubt he'll get games.

Guest Fedor

There is definitely a player in there.

Unfortunately there also seems to be an ego and an attitude.

Worrying that he is hanging about with Madine and wearing headbands.

Guest wilyfox

He clearly has ability on the ball; but it's his endeavours off it that Gray has criticised. No point in playing him if we'd get steamrollered in midfield.