Triallist Coming Back To UK

No thanks, Zayatte mark 2. What worries me about this lad is that he's had more clubs than Tiger Woods and has never played more than 40 games for a club. Sack him off and get a young lad bought. This pre-season is growing increasingly frustrating. Repeating all the mistakes of the past...again!

No thanks, Zayatte mark 2. What worries me about this lad is that he's had more clubs than Tiger Woods and has never played more than 40 games for a club. Sack him off and get a young lad bought. This pre-season is growing increasingly frustrating. Repeating all the mistakes of the past...again!

Why are people so obsessed with age?

If we got a young guy in people would moan we need experience.

So you are writing him off after a pre season friendly?

how can you say hes zayatte mark 2 when you have not seen him play... bonkers

Gray said he did very well and read the game well, but you know better than the manager apparently?

Why are people so obsessed with age?

If we got a young guy in people would moan we need experience.

So you are writing him off after a pre season friendly?

We need a careful mix of youth and experience. His age doesn't concern me. 30 is a great age for a CB (same with Loovens). What worries me is he's never really settled at a club in his career thus far, something you would expect a good centre half to have done at his age.

However, say we bring this lad in on a 1 year deal. We then have 3 CB out of contract next year, leaving Sam Hutchinson with a year left. Ideally we don't want to be looking to bring in 3 CB next summer, granted Loovens may resign again but you never know. So, bring a younger lad in, let him develop and we won't have to go through wholesale changes again next year.

Gray said he did very well and read the game well, but you know better than the manager apparently?

how can you say hes zayatte mark 2 when you have not seen him play... bonkers

Look at his career so far. Look at his stats. He's a journeyman. Might be a decent player but he's a journeyman. We need a settled team, full of players with knowledge of the Championship. Look at Nuhiu (and I like the lad), he's had a tough first season but will hopefully have learnt and will fire this season. We can't afford a transitional seasom for a 30 year old CB. 

He might be a very reasonable defender, but for me he's not the signing we should be making at this stage for me.

Look at his career so far. Look at his stats. He's a journeyman. Might be a decent player but he's a journeyman. We need a settled team, full of players with knowledge of the Championship. Look at Nuhiu (and I like the lad), he's had a tough first season but will hopefully have learnt and will fire this season. We can't afford a transitional seasom for a 30 year old CB. 

He might be a very reasonable defender, but for me he's not the signing we should be making at this stage for me.

So you're basing your opinion having not seen him play.

But on the amount of the clubs with no knowledge on why he has so many?

lol

So you're basing your opinion having not seen him play.

But on the amount of the clubs with no knowledge on why he has so many?

lol

And the fact that his technique's suspect on FM14.

In all seriousness, his stats are all I can go on but the amount of clubs he's had is worrying. I'm sure a lot of people would agree with me. I want a settled, balanced side moving forward and him signing would not go any way to achieve this.

It would be a short sighted, underwhelming signing and one that I'm not keen on. Just my opinion.

Zayatte mark 2 why? Because he can be signed on a free?  Becuase he's a centre half?  Because he's foreign?

All the same can be said about Loovens and Onyewu too.  And I don't think anyone complained about them. 

Zayatte mark 2 why? Because he can be signed on a free?  Becuase he's a centre half?  Because he's foreign?

All the same can be said about Loovens and Onyewu too.  And I don't think anyone complained about them. 

Onyewu was a short term fix. Granted he got us out of a hole at the time but was never going to be a long term option. However, he was a full US international and had played at a much greater level than our trialist has.

Loovens was already proven at this level. I don't need to say anymore.

Guest wilyfox

Makes sense to extend his trial with Hutch and Buxton picking up niggles. He's a body to help get through the friendlies - if nothing else. Ya never know....he might pleasantly surprise us.

Onyewu was a short term fix. Granted he got us out of a hole at the time but was never going to be a long term option. However, he was a full US international and had played at a much greater level than our trialist has.

Loovens was already proven at this level. I don't need to say anymore.

Zayatte was a full international who had played at a higher level than this successfully.  Goes to show you can never be sure.