So Where IS the new young striker then?

Are we dragging our heels (yet again) in the striker's department?

No, I don't mean the pansy unions lot!!!

Scott Hogan to Brentford!

Sam Winnal to Barnsley!!!

They the right age with a good year and half under their belts and quite a few goals

WHY NOT?

Just a thought, I'm not saying I rate them highly just trying to work out IF we were interested in either.

Could do worse - like now we haven't signed any yet!

Thoughts guys?

We have he's called Lavery

I guess it was apoor attempt to stear many on here away from dismal threads regarding the new kit, the new away kit, the new 3rd kit - nite lol

Don't worry mate.Its obvious you were just wanting to start a discussion.

The problem on here is that certain 'regular posters' see a new thread and if its started by someone 'new' they don't engage in the said discussion, they simply try and make the OP feel awkward/daft by dismissing it.Its a form of bullying. Makes them feel more part of the 'in crowd'. Its fuelled by insecurity.

Its a shame because there will be fellow Wednesdayites who use this forum but are put off contributing due to the aforementioned treatment.

Keep posting mate.Every Wednesdayites opinion is valid.

I sit next to a Scunthorpe fan at work and went to Rochdale vs. Scunthorpe last season as we didn't have a game

Both Winnall and Hogan played. Neither were anything special and certainly didn't look Championship standard

The Scunny fan is happy to have sold Winnall as he's apparently been on the same fitness regime as Paddy Kenny over the summer...

This is what I was thinking too. Looking at our squad we have a couple of younger developing attackers and I would have thought an a more experienced head would be the way to go. Not to say old (though age has to be considered next to ability) but, experienced and capable. Likely to cost a pretty penny too.

Wanting us to sign Scott Hogan and Sam Winnall?

Deary me

The desperation

Very true. If we'd signed these two, a lot of us (me included) would be worrying that we'd signed two strikers with no Championship experience. We already have a 24 year old, a 23 year old and a 21 year old as our strikers; what would be the point of adding yet more strikers with potential but no proven track record?

We need to sign at least one striker who will do it at this level to complement the ones who might.

The genetically developed being that has been created from the DNA of David Hirst is progressing nicely.

Second phase development is now centred on reducing alcohol dependency and elocution to rid it of it's Barnsley accent.

Seriously Dave we all love you, you legend and wish you were 21 again.  lol

Well said. Would anyone swap Lavery for Winnal or Hogan???

Until recently I've never heard of Winnal, could be one season lg 2 wonder.

Few year ago watched Hogan few times at stocksbridge, was playin along side my nephew. Very fast but didn't do much, not seen since while at dale but seems to have done ok.

I'd stick with Lavery, think got bright future. Could be our player to go for big bucks in few years