Gary Bowyer confirms no Wednesday interest in Best

Guest JonTheOwl66

Thing is, it doesn't matter how good a striker we get until we learn to put good balls into the box,

Which we do.

Based on a lot of the previous comments, made by people who are much more knowledgeable about football than I am, it's obvious to me that during his career, Best has played for poor managers, in teams which have never provided decent balls into the box for their strikers. Apparently, if he'd played for managers who knew how to get the best out of him, and played with a midfield that supplied their strikers with quality balls, he'd definitely have scored 20 goals a season throughout his career. He's 28 in September and has had spells at ten clubs since 2004. You'd have thought they'd have got it right once or twice in all of that time..

The fact that he's lethargic, shows no commitment, work rate or team spirit, has nothing to do with it. We just need better wingers,

Edited by Wolfmanjack

Based on a lot of the previous comments, made by people who are much more knowledgeable about football than I am, it's obvious to me that during his career, Best has played for poor managers, in teams which have never provided decent balls into the box for their strikers. Apparently, if he'd played for managers who knew how to get the best out of him, and played with a midfield that supplied their strikers with quality balls, he'd definitely have scored 20 goals a season throughout his career. He's 28 in September and has had spells at ten clubs since 2004. You'd have thought they'd have got it right once or twice in all of that time..

The fact that he's lethargic, shows no commitment, work rate or team spirit, has nothing to do with it. We just need better wingers,

This.

who in there right mind would give him the wages he´s on at present at blackburn .if blackburn are prepared to pitch in 25 k a week then he may be worth a punt for the other 10 grand if they aint then i doubt he´ll be going anywhere .

Guest wilyfox

who in there right mind would give him the wages he´s on at present at blackburn .if blackburn are prepared to pitch in 25 k a week then he may be worth a punt for the other 10 grand if they aint then i doubt he´ll be going anywhere .

That's what I believe too. The sums involved almost make Best unsaleable. Blackburn may want rid and Best might want out, but they paid over the odds to get him and offered silly wages. They'll have to take a substantial hit - but Blackburn won't give him away; and Best would be foolish to end that contract prematurely. No one will match it. To sit tight and wait for a loan opportunity is the sensible thing for him to do.

Edited by wilyfox

That's what I believe too. The sums involved almost make Best unsaleable. Blackburn may want rid and Best might want out, but they paid over the odds to get him and offered silly wages. They'll have to take a substantial hit - but Blackburn won't give him away; and Best would be foolish to end that contract prematurely. No one will match it. To sit tight and wait for a loan opportunity is the sensible thing for him to do.

Blackburn would probably have to pay Best to get rid of him, that's what generally happens when signings don't work out, it cost more for them to get rid, but its cheaper than letting him see out his contract Im sure.

Guest wilyfox

Blackburn would probably have to pay Best to get rid of him, that's what generally happens when signings don't work out, it cost more for them to get rid, but its cheaper than letting him see out his contract Im sure.

That may be, but if he is indeed on the reported 35k/week or anything like...that's £3.5m over the remaining 2yrs of his contract - for a player worth a mere fraction of what they paid to sign him. Any fee they might get from us probably wouldn't cover a modest compensation package to get rid. The sums are obscene.